I appreciate the Alligator’s coverage of peta2’s “I, Chicken” virtual reality exhibit and would like to point to a correction in the article. Due to the inclement weather Tuesday, our team had to take down the exhibit. 

The peta2 team will be returning in the Spring semester, and I highly encourage students to experience life as a chicken with this cutting-edge, virtual-reality technology. Chickens are some of the most abused animals on the planet, and many have their throats slit while still fully conscious. More than 1 million are killed every hour, and most spend every day of their lives in small cages, denied room outside in their natural environment. 

Fortunately, we can choose to avoid this cruelty every time we sit down to eat by eating vegan. If you’re interested in joining Student Animal Alliance, you can contact me at cbicknell@ufl.edu. I can provide you with your own copy of “Guide to Going Vegan,” which contains pages of information on how to make the transition to eating cruelty-free.

Christina Bicknell

peta2 UF Campus Representative