<p>UF shortstop Sophia Reynoso bats during Florida's 9-3 win over Northwestern State on Feb. 17, 2017, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.&nbsp;</p>

UF shortstop Sophia Reynoso bats during Florida's 9-3 win over Northwestern State on Feb. 17, 2017, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. 

Two entirely different offensive performances from the Florida softball team met the same result Saturday afternoon in games three and four of the Citrus Classic in Orlando.

On the front end of the double-header, the Gators couldn’t find any offense against Liberty University. Florida failed to register a hit until the bottom of the seventh inning.

It took extra innings – and a little help from Gator head coach Tim Walton – for Florida to dispatch the Flames 2-1.

The top of the ninth inning saw the first score of the game come from the Flames when a sacrifice fly off a Delanie Gourley pitch allowed Channing Cox to score.

In the bottom of the frame, freshman shortstop Sophia Reynoso stepped into the batter’s box. She popped a ball to the outfield, and sophomore outfielder Jasmeen Click caught it.

Moments later, coach Walton consulted with the officials, arguing that the Flames never properly substituted Click into the game.

After an awkward pause, the out was called back and Reynoso received another chance at the plate.

A ball connected with Reynoso’s thigh, giving her the walk and swinging the momentum of the game.

One batter later, junior first baseman Kayli Kvistad grounded out to first, seemingly tacking on the second out yet again.

But Walton had other plans. Once again, he trudged out to the field, stating that Liberty’s first baseman didn’t substitute in either. And yet again, Florida got an out rescinded.

Kvistad used her second chance to single and load the bases. Freshman third baseman Jaimie Hoover used a sacrifice fly to tie the game 1-1.

In the bottom of the 10th, a walk-off single from senior outfielder Chelsea Herndon gave the Gators the win.

Overall, the Gators totaled four hits.

The pitching combination of junior Aleshia Ocasio and Gourley helped alleviate Florida’s offensive woes. The two gave up two hits on the night.

The Gators’ offensive rhythm located itself in the second game of the double-header against Elon, where Florida put on an offensive display led by Reynoso.

The shortstop went 4-for-4 and drove in four runners. After limping to a score in the ninth inning of the first game, Florida scored 10 runs in the first three innings on its way to an 11-0 shutout.

Sophomore pitcher Kelly Barnhill anchored Florida’s defense, notching another impressive victory. Barnhill struck out six batters in three innings of work.

Freshman pitcher Katie Chronister provided relief duties for Barnhill, giving up no runs before the game was called after five lopsided innings.

Florida (14-1) hit a season-high 15 balls and scored the most it has in a single game in 2017.

The Gators close out the Citrus Classic tournament with a game against Lehigh. Florida will look to maintain its strong offensive momentum against the Phoenix.  First pitch is set for Sunday morning at 9:30.

Contact Skyler Lebron at slebron@alligator.org or follow him on Twitter @SkylerLebron