Award Roundup: Four football players named to watch lists

<p>Cornerback Jalen Tabor high fives fans while walking out of the tunnel prior to the Orange &amp; Blue Debut on April 8, 2016, at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.</p>

Cornerback Jalen Tabor high fives fans while walking out of the tunnel prior to the Orange & Blue Debut on April 8, 2016, at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

Linebacker Jarrad Davis and defensive backs Marcus Maye and Jalen Tabor were named to the Chuck Bednarik Award preseason watch list, an honor awarded to the best collegiate defensive player of the year, the Maxwell Football Club announced Tuesday.

Davis, now a senior, finished second on the team with 98 tackles and third on UF with 11 tackles-for-loss last season, starting 12 of Florida’s 14 games.

Maye saw his production increase last year, compiling 82 tackles on his way to being named a First Team All-American by USA Today. Maye also forced five fumbles, good for second-most in the country.

Tabor had a breakout 2015 season as a sophomore. The cornerback started nine games while collecting a team-high tying four interceptions and breaking up a team-high 14 passes. He also earned a spot on the AP All-Southeastern Conference First Team.

Tight end makes watch list:

Meanwhile, junior tight end DeAndre Goolsby was named to the John Mackey Award preseason watch list on Wednesday. The award honors college football’s best tight end.

Last season, Goolsby caught 17 passes for 277 yards and a touchdown.

Last year’s winner, Hunter Henry of Arkansas, caught 51 passes for 739 yards and three touchdowns.

Past winners of the Mackey Award include current NFL players Nick O’Leary, Tyler Eifert and Heath Miller.