<p>Sophomore diver Brooke Madden earned her second career All-American honors on Friday. </p>

Sophomore diver Brooke Madden earned her second career All-American honors on Friday. 

A pair of sophomores led the way for the No. 17 Gators on the third day of the NCAA Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships.

For the second time in her career and for the second day in a row, Brooke Madden landed herself an All-American Honorable Mention. The diver finished fifth in the consolation final and 13th overall with a score of 317.10 in the 3-meter dive to warrant the award.

“[The result] is a testament to all the work she has put in this year. Her attitude has been awesome and it's coming through now when it counts, so I am very proud of her," diving coach Bryan Gillooly said in a release.

Sherridon Dressel earned her first career All-American Honorable Mention with her performance in the 100-yard back. Dressel finished sixth in the consolation final and 14th overall with a time of 51.86.

"We improved again today, we are racing better all the time. We had more best times today and Sherridon Dressel got a chance to be an All-American, which is a real plus,” head coach Gregg Troy said in a release. “We are definitely moving forward."

Of the nine Gators who qualified for the NCAA Championships, eight were in action on Friday. Three competed in the 400 IM, with sophomore Kelly Fertel leading the way in 18th, followed by Hannah Burns in 27th and Savanna Faulconer in 29th.

Senior Amelia Maughan finished 53rd overall in the 200 free prelims, and sophomore Emma Ball and junior Sydney Sell finished 28th and 47th, respectively, in the 100 back.

Ball and Dressel competed with sophomores Dani Keymont and Bella Garofalo in the 200 medley relay. The group finished 21st overall.

The Gators will be back in action on Saturday for the final day of the NCAA Championships.

Follow Sam Campisano on Twitter @samcampisano and contact him at scampisano@alligator.org.