Wil Dalton tapped his right cleat with the barrel of his bat after watching strike three blow past him.
Wil Dalton busted the game open in the third inning. His three-run homer gave the No. 1 Gators an insurmountable six-run lead the No. 6 Kentucky Wildcats couldn’t touch. But his at-bat wasn’t the night’s most memorable.
The No. 1 Gators (32-7, 12-3 SEC) dropped a midweek matchup to Jacksonville on Tuesday to snap a nine-game home winning streak. With Florida’s next series starting tonight against Kentucky rather than the normal Friday start due to television scheduling, coach Kevin O’Sullivan had to work ar…
No. 1 Florida (32-7, 12-3 SEC) fell to Jacksonville 8-4, ending UF’s nine-game home winning streak and snapping a four-game winning streak overall.
With Missouri and Florida slated for a doubleheader on Saturday night at McKethan Stadium to beat expected rainstorms on Sunday, the Gators (32-6, 12-3 SEC) had an opportunity to earn their second sweep in three SEC series.
More Baseball Stories
- Gators use pitching, late-game heroics to down Missouri
- Austin Langworthy breaking out of sophomore slump
- Baseball fights are one of the most ridiculous spectacles in sports
- Gators complete sweep of FSU
- Florida goes for sweep of FSU: Over- and underachievers for week of April 3-9
- UF splits doubleheader with Vols, ends nine-game win streak
- Gators set season-high run mark in shellacking of Tennessee
- Gators begin series with Volunteers tonight in Knoxville
- Notebook: Horvath a popular guy, India maintains hitting streak, Gators in MLB
- Florida rolls past FGCU behind unlikely contributors
- Florida’s Jonathan India is getting plenty of attention, but don’t forget about Wil Dalton
- Florida sweeps Vandy, India continues hitting streak
- Slumping UF hitters break out on Saturday, Gators blow out Commodores for second win of series
- Gators undeterred by rain, beat Vandy to open series
- As Florida’s offense cools, India heats up with No. 8 Vanderbilt coming to town
- Gators squeak by ‘Noles in second matchup of season
- Florida baseball team’s over- and underachievers: Week of March 19 to March 25
- Florida’s unsung ace leads UF baseball to series win over No. 4 Arkansas
- Blaine Knight bests Brady Singer in Arkansas’ win over Florida
- Liput finding his swing again ahead of Arkansas series