<p>UF first baseman JJ Schwarz swings during Florida's 2-0 win against Miami on Feb. 25, 2017, at McKethan Stadium.</p>

UF first baseman JJ Schwarz swings during Florida's 2-0 win against Miami on Feb. 25, 2017, at McKethan Stadium.

The Gators badly need to steamroll someone. Anyone.

After being swept by Auburn for the first time since 1987, which was also Florida’s first time being swept in a SEC-opening series since 2009, they need a prove-everyone-wrong game.

One that shows everyone in the college baseball realm that this past weekend’s play was an anomaly and this year’s Florida (13-8) team is merely off to a sluggish start.

One that jumpstarts the offense before squaring off with No. 4 LSU this coming weekend.

Enter a midweek clash with an 8-14 Stetson team tonight.

If history repeats itself, then this should be exactly that type of game for the Gators.

The last time Florida took on the Hatters, it pounded out 22 hits, seven of which were home runs, in a 22-2 rout on April 7, 2015. It was also a record-setting night for JJ Schwarz, who as a freshman blasted a program-record four homers himself and notched 10 RBIs.

Just take a look at what Schwarz said after that win.

“That was nice,” he said. “A lot of us have been struggling hitting the bats, and a lot of us broke out today.”

And while it’s true UF, which sits dead last in hitting (.240) and tied for last in runs scored (92) in the SEC, could use a similar blowout victory, it could also use a flawless game in the field.

Florida committed four errors over the three losses to Auburn, including an errant throw from pitcher Frank Rubio on Sunday that cost the game.

That sort of play is uncharacteristic for the SEC’s leader in fielding percentage and led to words not often uttered by head coach Kevin O’Sullivan.

“We wanted to get out of here with one win," he said, "which we weren’t able to play good enough defense to do that.”

But the Gators will have a chance to get back on track both at the plate and in the field in Deland at 6:30 p.m.

Contact Patrick Pinak at ppinak@alligator.org or follow him on Twitter @pinakk12