<p>Michigan forward Jon Horford reacts after making a basket during a game against Arizona in Ann Arbor, Mich., on Dec. 14.</p>

Michigan forward Jon Horford reacts after making a basket during a game against Arizona in Ann Arbor, Mich., on Dec. 14.

Jon Horford, Al’s younger brother, is coming to Gainesville.

The former Michigan forward will transfer to UF as a graduate student and be immediately eligible to play out his final season as a redshirt senior.

ESPN’s Jeff Goodman first reported the news Saturday morning, but the school is yet to confirm the addition.

In his final season as a Wolverine last year, the 6-foot-10, 250-pound Horford averaged 3.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in a role off the bench. He was a reserve in the rotation of the 2012-13 Michigan squad that beat Florida in the Elite Eight.

Horford adds depth to a Gators frontcourt that returns forward Dorian Finney-Smith and forward/center Chris Walker. Center Damontre Harris, who was dismissed from Florida last December due to a number of issues but eventually returned to the team in practice weeks later, should also return to the mix. Forward Alex Murphy, a Duke transfer, will not be eligible to play for the Gators until December unless he receives a waiver from the NCAA to play earlier.

With the addition of Horford, UF now has all 13 of its scholarships committed. He is the second sibling of a former Gators player on the roster, as Murphy’s older brother, Erik, played at UF from 2009-13.

Follow Landon Watnick on Twitter @LandonWatnick