On Thursday, Billy Donovan plucked his first in-state 2014 commitment.

Brandone Francis, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound shooting guard out of Arlington Country Day School in Jacksonville, verbally committed to Florida on Thursday.

Francis, a four-star recruit, is ranked No. 25 in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals.com.

“Happy to be part of the family #GatorNation!!!! I’m so humble and thankful right now.. Thank you…,” Francis posted on his Twitter account (@BFranc5).

Francis picked Florida after also considering Florida State, Washington, Louisville, Indiana and others.

He would be the third Dominican Republic native to play for Florida in the past 10 years after Al Horford in 2004-07 and Eloy Vargas in 2008-09.

Although his shot selection is an issue, the strong and athletic Francis has good court vision and excels as a passer and slasher. He is also a solid ball-handler and perimeter rebounder, according to scouting reports.

Francis won MVP in the 17-and-under division at the Adidas Exclusive Run in Dallas in April while playing for his AAU squad, Florida Elite.

He will rejoin Florida Elite when it competes in the Adidas Invitational in Indianapolis from July 10-14.

With point guard Scottie Wilbekin graduating after next season, Francis’ commitment solidifies Florida’s backcourt in 2014-15.

Francis is UF’s second 2014 recruit. On May 14, Donovan picked up a commitment from 5-foot-9 point guard Chris Chiozza, the 39th-ranked player in the class and a Memphis native.

Contact Landon Watnick at lwatnick@alligator.org.