Junior forward Erik Murphy has been reinstated after he was suspended indefinitely in April, Florida announced Thursday.

Murphy and sophomore teammate Cody Larson were suspended from team activities following their April 10 arrest on felony burglary charges.

The charges were later reduced to misdemeanor trespassing, and Murphy accepted deferred prosecution in July. He was required to undergo 50 hours of community service, avoid consumption of alcohol or other controlled substances for a year, and repay $440 in restitution and court costs.

“Erik Murphy has served his punishment,” coach Billy Donovan said.

“We’re all disappointed with what transpired, but there’s no question Erik has learned a great deal through the whole process and understands what a great opportunity and privilege it is to play college basketball.”

Murphy is expected to be a key contributor for the Gators in 2011, as he steps up to fill the void left by departed frontcourt starters Chandler Parsons, Alex Tyus and Vernon Macklin. Murphy averaged 4.3 points and 2.3 rebounds playing nearly 11 minutes per game last season.

Contact Greg Luca at gluca@alligator.org.