<p>UF swingman Devon Walker jumps for a layup during the second half of Florida's 104-54 win against North Carolina A&amp;T on Nov. 16, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.</p>

UF swingman Devon Walker jumps for a layup during the second half of Florida's 104-54 win against North Carolina A&T on Nov. 16, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

In Florida’s home-opener, North Carolina A&T didn’t seem to have a chance.

Behind a suffocating defense and a balanced scoring offense, the Gators defeated the Aggies 104-54 in the O’Connell Center in Mike White’s regular season home debut. It was the highest non-exhibition offensive output since Florida scored 107 points on Nov. 25, 2011, in a win over Jacksonville.

The Gators made sure to set the tone from the opening tip as the team came out of the gate with intensity.

Florida jumped out to a 13-2 lead, with A&T’s only points coming off of a goaltend by John Egbunu, and never took the foot off the pedal.

"I thought we came out with a lot of energy, and I thought throughout the 40 minutes we played very, very unselfishly, especially with the big lead in the second half," White said. "It was a good night for us, we got a little bit better tonight in some areas."

In Friday’s season opener against Navy, the Gators scored just 59 points and consistently struggled with shooting the ball.

But by halftime on Monday night, Florida had already scored 52 points.

"It just makes the game a lot more fun and a lot easier for you offensively, of course, when the ball’s traveling and when you shoot it well from three," White said.

Redshirt junior DeVon Walker and sophomore forward Devin Robinson led the way for the Gators with 15 points apiece.

As a team, Florida (2-0) shot 54 percent from the field and 52 percent from beyond the arc.

Eight Gators contributed a three pointer and six players scored in double digits as Florida cruised in the second half.

It was the first time since Dec. 12, 2014 that Florida has had at least five scorers post double figures.

"I think everybody’s sharing the ball more, I don’t think anybody has their own agendas," said Francis-Ramirez, who added 10 points. "I think we’re playing selfless, we’re playing unselfish basketball. ... We try to get the best shot every possession."

On the other end of the floor, UF’s defense applied intense pressure and smothered the Aggies (0-2) all night.

Florida forced 16 turnovers, had eight steals and blocked seven shots, holding North Carolina A&T to 33 percent shooting from the field.

The up-tempo style of play followed by full-court pressure is something that White has preached since stepping foot in Gainesville and something the players have bought into.

The team knows playing at a fast pace may come with a high number of turnovers, but that shooting at a high percentage can balance it out.

"We move the ball, play together, push the ball, get out of transition. That’s how we want to play," Finney-Smith said. "We just made shots. At Navy we took the same shots, but we were just 3 for 19. Tonight, we just made shots."

In its first game, Florida’s most glaring problems were free throw shooting (10-19) and turnovers (19). On Monday, the Gators improved in both categories, shooting 65 percent from the charity stripe and limiting their turnovers to 13.

White said after the game that the final score wasn’t as important to him as the team’s effort and intensity level. The Gators have now won 25 straight home openers, and Monday’s was a stepping stone to what Florida hopes to accomplish over the rest of the season.

"We played at a faster pace, and of course when you’re making better decisions and you’re turnovers go down, it helps you as well," White said.

Florida has several practices to prepare for its next opponent, Saint Joseph’s, on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at the Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut.

The game is the first in a weekend back-to-back that is part of the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament. Depending on the outcome of the games, Florida will play either Purdue or Old Dominion on Sunday.

Follow Alex Maminakis on Twitter @alexmaminakis

UF guard Brandone Francis-Ramirez dunks during the first half of Florida's 104-54 win against North Carolina A&T on Nov. 16, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

UF point guard Kasey Hill drives the ball down the court during the first half of Florida's 104-54 win against North Carolina A&T on Nov. 16, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

UF forward Devin Robinson shoots a three-pointer during the second half of Florida's 104-54 win against North Carolina A&T on Nov. 16, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

UF men's basketball coach Mike White smiles after a play during Florida's 104-54 win against North Carolina A&T on Nov. 16, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

With Billy Donovan coaching in the NBA, Mike White now looks to take over where Donovan left off. Here is Graham Hall's feature from before the season on UF's newest hoops coach (http://www.alligator.org/sports/basketball/article_32effa00-844a-11e5-9c22-8f5fc4a7d18e.html).