<p>Kasey Hill drives into the paint during Florida's win against Auburn on Thursday in the O'Connell Center.</p>

Kasey Hill drives into the paint during Florida's win against Auburn on Thursday in the O'Connell Center.

The Gators are surging at the right time.

After opening up Southeastern Conference play with back-to-back wins, Florida secured win No. 3 on Thursday, defeating Auburn 75-55 in the O’Connell Center.

With the win, the Gators (10-6, 3-0 SEC) are now one of two teams undefeated in SEC play, joining No. 1 Kentucky as the only teams that are still perfect in conference play.

Kasey Hill had arguably one of his best nights of the season on Thursday.

The sophomore point guard notched 12 points, five rebounds, seven assists and three steals in a team-high 31 minutes played.

The win marked just the third time this season Hill scored at least 10 points and his first since Florida’s loss to Florida State on Dec. 30.

For the second consecutive game in conference play, Florida held the lead for the entirety of the game.

But while the Gators managed to stay ahead of the Tigers (9-7, 1-2 SEC) and clinch their 24th consecutive conference win, they found themselves in early foul trouble yet again.

Florida committed 20 personal fouls on Thursday.

"Last year and the two or three previous years, I felt like we were one of the best teams in the country and playing defense without fouling," coach Billy Donovan said. "We are fouling at an astronomical and alarming rate. I mean it’s 20 fouls every game."

Fouls were such a problem that starter Dorian Finney-Smith’s minutes on the court were limited when he committed two fouls early in the first half.

But the redshirt junior forward still ended the game leading the team with 14 points though he went just 4-for-10 in field goals in 24 minutes.

In starting freshman guard Chris Chiozza’s 25 minutes played he totaled nine points and two assists.

The Gators altogether were 12 for 18 on free throws — consistent with 11 made free throws they’ve been averaging.

Jon Horford, playing in his first game since being suspended on Jan. 7 for conduct detrimental to the team, played 10 minutes off the bench, scoring five points and racking up four personal fouls.

Redshirt junior guard Eli Carter scored 12 points off the bench with three assists and two rebounds.

Hill credits Florida’s success to 10 players scoring for the Gators and 36 points off the bench.

"When 10 guys score, I mean we have a good chance of winning the game cause they can’t just key on one person so it allows space for everybody else on the court," Hill said. "We move the ball and play together when a lot of people score."

Follow Erica A. Hernandez on Twitter @EricaAlyssa