<p>UCLA’s Kyle&nbsp;Anderson (5) touches hands with a fan after defeating Stephen F. Austin 77-60 in a third-round game of the NCAA Tournament on Sunday night in San Diego.</p>

UCLA’s Kyle Anderson (5) touches hands with a fan after defeating Stephen F. Austin 77-60 in a third-round game of the NCAA Tournament on Sunday night in San Diego.

When UCLA’s Kyle Anderson takes the ball down the court, he usually towers over his primary defender.

As a 6-foot-9 point forward, Anderson has a vision of the court most floor generals do not possess.

The tall sophomore could present a challenge for the No. 1 seed Gators when they square off against the No. 4 seed Bruins in the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., late Thursday night for a spot in the Elite Eight.

Anderson has been a multifaceted weapon for UCLA, which Florida coach Billy Donovan called the most explosive offensive team his squad will face this year during his press conference on Monday.

The Fairview, N.J., native leads the team in assists (6.5) and rebounds (8.7) in a team-high 33.3 minutes per game. He is second on the squad in points (14.7) and steals (1.8) per contest.

“Obviously Kyle is a great passer,” Donovan said. “He’s got a great feel of how to play. He’s got an incredibly high basketball IQ. He can see over the defense. He makes the game easy for those other guys.”

Anderson is not the most athletic basketball player you’ll find, but the 20-year-old compensates for his lack of agility with his length and methodical, intelligent approach to the game.

The sophomore is a pro at finding his teammates and is the engine behind UCLA’s efficient offense. According to KenPom.com, Anderson ranks 22nd in the nation in assist rate — a statistic that divides a player’s assists by the field goals made by his teammates while he is on the floor.

Donovan praised UCLA coach Steve Alford’s weapons and Anderson’s ability to find them.

“(Jordan) Adams is a terrific player, the Wear twins are terrific,” Donovan said. 

“They’ve got (Norman) Powell, they’ve got an explosive offensive team, and they all kind of do their role. They come off with Steve’s son (Bryce Alford) off the bench who’s a terrific shooter and a really good point guard. (Zach) LaVine coming off the bench is really talented and gifted. (Tony) Parker off the bench is a big, strong, physical frontcourt guy, McDonald’s All-American.

“So Kyle probably does as good of a job of utilizing those guys and getting those guys the ball where they need it, and then I think those guys do a tremendous job of getting out in transition and running.”

Anderson’s knack for rebounding, especially on the defensive glass, helps the Bruins begin on the break and thrive in transition. He ranks 28th in the country in KenPom’s defensive rebounding percentage stat, which measures a player’s value in that category.

Sometimes, Anderson is more comfortable creating for his teammates rather than himself, but he does possess the skillset to get good looks at the basket. His length allows him to see over defenders and utilize a host of misdirections and fakes to create separation and find a way to the hole.

Most of Anderson’s looks come on drives to the lane and mid-range jumpers — he shoots 48.4 percent from the field — but when he does attempt threes, they often sink. Of players on UCLA who have attempted at least 50 shots from behind the arc this season, Anderson has the best clip at 49.1 percent.

Anderson struggled offensively during a 76-59 win against No. 13 seed Tulsa, shooting only 3 of 11 from the field for eight points, but bounced back nicely in the Round of 32.

In a 77-60 victory over 12th-seeded Stephen F. Austin on Sunday, Anderson recorded 15 points on 5-of-9 shooting, eight rebounds and five assists — the latter two team bests.

Monday morning before their practice, the Gators did not have a definitive answer as to whom they would primarily stick on Anderson. Regardless, senior point guard Scottie Wilbekin knows how much effort it will take to try to shut down UCLA’s 6-foot-9 offensive orchestrator.

“When guarding him, you just have to try and keep them out of the lane,” Wilbekin said.

“Because once they get in the lane, they can use their size to finish over you or find somebody else.”

Follow Landon Watnick on Twitter @LandonWatnick