<p>Senior center Patric Young talks with reporters during Southeastern Conference Basketball Media Days in Birmingham, Ala., on Thursday.</p>

Senior center Patric Young talks with reporters during Southeastern Conference Basketball Media Days in Birmingham, Ala., on Thursday.

Coach Billy Donovan received some good news Thursday regarding injuries and illness.

Senior forward Will Yeguete (knee) and Rutgers transfer guard Eli Carter (leg) have been cleared by team trainers to participate in limited contact drills, UF announced.

After missing practice earlier this week, sophomore shooting guard Michael Frazier II (virus) was also cleared Thursday. The coaching staff initially feared he could have mononucleosis, but tests came back negative.

If Frazier were to have contracted mono, he could have missed up to six weeks.

“I feel pretty good,” Frazier said in a release. “Much better than the other day.” 

The news on the injury front Thursday was not all good for the Gators. Sophomore guard Dillon Graham rolled his ankle during practice, according to the school. He was carried off the court and did not return.

Florida’s lack of bodies in practice has been the biggest story of its preseason. But if the injury bug carries into the start of the 2013-14 season, senior center Patric Young is prepared for the challenge.

“First three games of the season, I might have to be playing 38 minutes because we are down to seven guys due to injuries and illnesses right now,” he said.

Young takes shot at UK: Young has a message for Kentucky: Hype does not matter.

Kentucky is the media’s pick to win the SEC this season, while Florida was chosen second.

“I hope they think they can just walk on the court and they’re going to beat everybody,” Young, a preseason All-SEC second-teamer, said during Southeastern Conference Basketball Media Days on Thursday in Birmingham, Ala.

“As soon as they play a real top team, they’re going to see it’s not just a walk in the park. One-and-done is not for everybody.”

The Wildcats failed to reach the NCAA Tournament last season after winning a national title in 2011-12, but John Calipari’s squad has reloaded with six McDonald’s All-Americans – including forward Julius Randle, the media’s preseason selection for SEC Player of the Year.

“I am not surprised, coming out of high school, there is all the hype and what-not. It doesn’t really mean too much,” Young said.

“The one that really counts is the one at the end of the year. This guy (Randle) has not gone through any adversity or played a single minute yet, so we will see how things turn out.”

Florida’s new motto: Young revealed Thursday that the team’s mantra for the 2013-14 season is “S.W.A.G.” – an acronym for “Strengthen When Adversity Grows.”

“We need to strengthen as adversity gets more and more in our face,” Young said. “We need to stay together and be connected.”

Added Donovan: “Those guys came up with it themselves. It’s kind of what they wanted to do.”

Gators at No. 8 in poll: The first released poll of the 2013-14 season, the ESPN/USA Today coaches preseason poll, has Florida sitting at No. 8.

Kentucky, Michigan State, Louisville, Duke and Arizona round out the top five.

No. 6 Kansas, No. 13 Memphis, No. 19 Connecticut and No. 21 Wisconsin are on UF’s non-conference slate this season.

“Those kind of games is where you learn a lot about yourself from,” Donovan said.

Follow Landon Watnick on Twitter @LandonWatnick.