<p>Golden State Warriors forward and former Gator David Lee won his first NBA title Tuesday night as the Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 105-97 in Game 6 of the NBA Finals. With the title for Lee and fellow former Gator and Warrior teammate Marreese Speights, a Gator has now been a part of the championship-winning team for five consecutive years.</p>

Golden State Warriors forward and former Gator David Lee won his first NBA title Tuesday night as the Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 105-97 in Game 6 of the NBA Finals. With the title for Lee and fellow former Gator and Warrior teammate Marreese Speights, a Gator has now been a part of the championship-winning team for five consecutive years.

For the fifth consecutive year, a former Gator has helped capture an NBA Championship.

David Lee and Marreese Speights helped the Golden State Warriors down the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, which ended with a 105-97 Game 6 victory in Cleveland on Tuesday night.

Lee, a first round pick by the New York Knicks in 2005, accepted a reduced role this season as the Warriors inserted Draymond Green into the starting lineup in training camp.

With the emergence of Green, the Warriors seem content with letting Lee, who has one year remaining on the six-year, $80 million deal he signed in 2010, leave the NBA Champions for a new home next season.

Lee told the NBA Insiders on ESPN Radio following Game 1 of the Finals that "it’s been a really interesting year" for the 32-year-old power forward.

"I’ve actually gotten to see kind of the other side of the NBA," Lee said. "I’ve always been the guy that’s out there for 35 to 40 minutes. I’ve never really, I don’t think, had the true respect for guys ... to see guys that don’t get a chance to play very often and come out and produce on a consistent basis — I never knew how difficult that was."

Follow Graham Hall on Twitter @Graham311.