<p>UF guard Kasey Hill looks to inbound the ball during Florida's 81-66 win against South Carolina on Feb. 21, 2017, in the O'Connell Center.</p>

UF guard Kasey Hill looks to inbound the ball during Florida's 81-66 win against South Carolina on Feb. 21, 2017, in the O'Connell Center.

Three special circumstances will set Florida’s matchup with Arkansas tonight apart.

It’s the Gators’ first game since No. 9 Kentucky snapped their nine-game win streak in Lexington on Saturday. It’s their last home game of the season in their newly renovated O’Connell Center. And it’s senior night, so our writers will re-introduce you to the four Gators — Kasey Hill, Justin Leon, Canyon Barry and Schuyler Rimmer — who will suit up for their last home game and will be honored before the 7 p.m. tipoff.

Kasey Hill

Kasey Hill came to Florida as a five-star recruit and McDonald’s All-American in 2013. One of the top guards in the country, he was expected to play one year for the Gators and then bolt for the NBA.

It didn’t work out that way.

A Final Four appearance, two head coaches and four years later, Hill has had an up-and-down career as both a reserve and starting point guard for the Gators, marred by turnover issues and poor shooting.

But Hill turned it around this season.

His 9.5 points per game is a career high, and at 508 assists, Hill is behind only Erving Walker (547 assists) in career assists in program history.

“He’s been a great example of perseverance, of character, of work ethic, of filtering out the noise and continuing to do your job,” UF coach Mike White said of Hill. “He’s had a really solid season.”

The Umatilla, Florida, native takes the court at the O’Connell Center as a member of the Florida men’s basketball team for the last time tonight.

But he’s not focused on that.

“It’ll just be another day for me. I’m not a big emotion person,” Hill said. “I just want to go out and win.”

Justin Leon

Justin Leon left home in Arkansas for an opportunity — a community college scholarship in rural Illinois. So rural, UF coach Mike White even got lost on a dirt road looking for the campus.

But for White, Leon was worth the search.

“This is my 17th year coaching,” White said, “and he’s the hardest-playing player I’ve ever coached, hands down.”

After two years at Shawnee Community College, Leon committed to Louisiana Tech under White before White was hired at UF to replace coach Billy Donovan.

When White and his staff were settled at UF and had an additional scholarship to offer, they knew they wanted Leon.

Two seasons later, White has labeled Leon the team’s “mad dog.” While that label can lend itself to benchwarmers, Leon has started every game this season and has a top-10 three-point percentage (40.4) in the SEC.

And that’s after only taking two three-pointers in high school, when he was a 6-foot-8 center.

As Leon got older, competition grew fiercer. He had to adjust his playing style, moving from the interior to the perimeter.

White said Leon’s not their most talented player, but he helped rebuild UF’s culture.

“He hasn’t got a bunch of accolades,” White said. “And he doesn’t care.

“It’s sad not being able to coach him four years or more.”

Canyon Barry

Once he graduates, Canyon Barry can do a lot of things.

He can be a nuclear engineer. He can play pro basketball overseas. Or, if the right team comes calling, he could earn an NBA roster spot.

His father, NBA Hall of Famer Rick Barry, found that out while Canyon was barely old enough to tie his shoes.

“In the sixth grade,” Rick said, “he would basically dominate."

Barry joined Florida as a graduate transfer from the College of Charleston over summer. It was a win-win scenario for both sides: Barry got the opportunity to earn his master’s degree in nuclear engineering from a respected university, and the Gators got an elite, experienced shooter and playmaker that they desperately needed.

Although minor injuries have slowed his progress, Canyon has flashed his scoring ability in some key moments.

He scored 27 points against Georgia on Jan. 14, sinking five three-pointers. One month later, Canyon finished with a season-high 30 points against Auburn, leading UF to a 19-point win over the Tigers on the road.

But his most impressive feat this season was making 42 consecutive free throws, breaking a program record.

“I think he’s a perfect guy for teams like San Antonio, the Golden State Warriors, the way they’re playing right now,” Rick said. “Canyon would thrive."

Schuyler Rimmer

Schuyler Rimmer wasn’t supposed to be here.

An Orlando native, Stanford transfer and walk on at Florida, Rimmer had all but carved out his niche before this season began — scout team opponent, practice squad member and emergency option if Florida’s starting centers got in foul trouble.

But now, in his second full season at UF, Rimmer has seen his minutes increase.

And he has taken advantage of it.

The 6-foot-10, 249-pound senior has served as a primary backup ever since starting center John Egbunu suffered a season-ending ACL tear in Auburn on Feb. 14.

And while Rimmer’s play certainly doesn’t jump off the stat sheet — he’s compiled just two points and three rebounds in the 16 total minutes he has played over the last three games — it has helped the Gators sustain their success as the regular season winds down.

UF coach Mike White wasn’t asked about Rimmer heading into Senior Day, but he felt compelled to mention Rimmer and praise what he has given the program.

“Schuyler has been a great culture guy, a great program guy, positive energy every day,” White said. “(He) has really stepped up with some leadership this year.”

And with the SEC Tournament beginning next week, Florida will need all the veteran help it can get.