For nearly three-quarters of the game, Florida kept No. 1 and undefeated Kentucky on its heels.

For the first 31 minutes of both teams’ regular-season finale, neither team led by more than six points in a back-and-forth game that featured five ties and four lead changes.

But in the end, the Wildcats came out on top, defeating the Gators 67-50 in Rupp Arena on Saturday to complete Kentucky’s perfect run through the regular season.

After freshman Tyler Ulis hit a layup to give Kentucky (31-0, 18-0 SEC) a 49-41 lead, it was all UK the rest of the way. The Wildcats outscored the Gators (15-16, 8-10 SEC) 18-9 in the final nine minutes.

Freshmen Trey Lyles and Karl-Anthony Towns led the way, giving Kentucky 14 and 13 points respectively, while the Wildcats shot 47.2 percent from the field as a whole.

For Florida, problems came in bunches.

The Gators turned the ball over 17 times and made it to the free-throw line just seven times — a staunch contrast from the 21 charity stripe trips taken by Kentucky.

Kasey Hill put in a team-high 15 points — an SEC-high for the sophomore point guard — but dished out just one assist in 34 minutes on the floor.

Both teams now prepare for the SEC Tournament.