<p>Patric Young (right) boxes out Tennessee's Jarnell Stokes during the Gators' 56-49 win against the Volunteers in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.</p>

Patric Young (right) boxes out Tennessee's Jarnell Stokes during the Gators' 56-49 win against the Volunteers in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

The last time Patric Young, Scottie Wilbekin and Casey Prather played together, they were fighting for their lives in the Final Four. Now, they’re battling individually for an NBA roster spot.

Since all three went undrafted at the NBA Draft in June, Young (New Orleans Pelicans), Wilbekin (Memphis Grizzlies/Philadelphia 76ers) and Prather (Atlanta Hawks) have headed to their respective teams for summer league action.

In the Las Vegas summer league, Young has played his first two games in hopes of landing a roster spot.

The 6-foot-9, 240-pound center recorded a double-double, putting up 11 points and grabbing 13 rebounds to aid the Pelicans over the NBA D-league select team in the first summer league game.

In comparison, Young recorded just one double-double in his senior season at Florida.

The former Gator standout, who shot 4-of-9 from the field and snagged six offensive rebounds, put on an all-around performance coming off the bench. He went on to score 10 points and collect six rebounds in his second game.

“They see me as a little Ben Wallace,” Young said according to The Times-Picayune. “And I’m happy with that, playing that role. It’s a good feeling, feeling as though I’m wanted.”

Being among 14 players who are competing on the Pelicans summer league team, Young has an opportunity to earn his way onto the roster, but with no guarantees.

Wilbekin, who was the first to start playing, began his summer league with the Grizzlies from July 5-11 playing all five games while averaging 3.4 points and 4.8 assists.

The former Gators point guard was fifth on the team in minutes per game (19.8) and shot 80 percent from the free throw line to cap his stint in the Orlando league.

“He’s one of the most surprising players in the summer league,” Grizzlies summer league coach Shawn Respert said according to the Orlando Sentinel.

“I felt like early I tagged him as a guy who would do an outstanding job defending on the perimeter and defending the pick-and-roll, which is one of the hardest things to do in the NBA. He’s really making an impact because of his ability to make the offense sputter.”

The 2014 Southeastern Conference player of the year has now taken his abilities to the 76ers for the Las Vegas league, and through one game had two points, four assists and two steals.

Lastly, Prather has earned a chance on the Hawks squad, yet did not play the first game. The Jackson, Tenn., native was one of five not to play in the summer opener due to a coach’s decision. However, he played 20 minutes in Atlanta’s second game and contributed four points and two steals.

Although he led the Gators last season in scoring and earned All-SEC honors, it seems Prather will have competition alongside a heavy guard/forward Hawks lineup.

Lamar Patterson from Pittsburgh and Dennis Schröder from Germany are two players similar to Prather who received playing time and added offensive insurance.

Follow Lawrence Laguna on Twitter @LagunaLawrence