When seniors Haley Lorenzen and Paulina Hersler hear the buzzer sound for the final time as members of Florida’s women’s basketball team, they will leave a gaping hole in UF’s starting frontcourt.
There wasn’t a particular moment one could point to that swung the momentum of the game. There wasn’t a slick crossover or a single bucket or rebound that signaled it would be Florida’s day.
A hand in her face didn’t stop Dyandria Anderson. From the left wing of the three-point line, the senior guard shot over her defender, finding nothing but the bottom of the net and giving Florida a 16-point lead midway through the third quarter.
With just over a minute left in the fourth quarter and the Florida women’s basketball team down by one possession, Texas A&M had the ball. From the right wing, freshman Chennedy Carter pulled up from three and watched as her shot fell through the basket.
If the Gators women’s basketball team was disappointed following its fifth consecutive loss of SEC play on Sunday, it hardly showed. Instead, coach Cameron Newbauer and his players talked about the fight and pride that has been a staple of postgame press conferences and pre-practice soundbit…
More Women's Basketball Stories
- Florida women’s basketball team drops fifth in a row in loss to South Carolina
- Gators women’s basketball crumbles in turnover-ridden blowout to Miss. State
- Delicia Washington, Gators women’s basketball team hopes to continue growth against No. 2 Mississippi State
- Florida women’s basketball team showing potential despite recent losses
- Florida’s women’s basketball team comes up short, drops third consecutive conference game
- Florida facing No. 15 Missouri tonight following bye week
- Paulina Hersler paying dividends for Gators women’s basketball team this season
- Florida women’s basketball team blows fourth-quarter lead, falls to No. 21 Georgia
- Gators women’s basketball team flounders in blowout defeat against No. 2 Mississippi State
- Haley Lorenzen, Gators women’s basketball team preparing for No. 2 Mississippi State
- Haley Lorenzen, Delicia Washington stepping up for Gators in recent back-to-back victories
- Gators stage late comeback, defeat Ole Miss at O'Dome
- Paulina Hersler, Haley Lorenzen lead UF women’s basketball team to first SEC win of 2018
- Coach Newbauer all smiles before Thursday’s matchup with Arkansas
- Gators continuing to work through struggles in midst of five-game losing streak
- Gators continue SEC skid against LSU, fall to 0-5 in conference play
- Florida’s shooting woes continue as Gators drop fourth straight SEC game
- Women’s Basketball Notebook: Seiler partakes in first practice with UF ahead of Thursday’s game against Kentucky
- Newbauer frustrated following Florida women’s basketball team’s 0-3 SEC start
- Gators climb back from double-digit deficit but fall to Ole Miss in double OT