Entering the fourth quarter down by 13, the Florida women’s basketball team was on the brink of another SEC loss on its home floor. But forward Haley Lorenzen had other ideas.
With a raucous home crowd surrounding them, the Gators broke their huddle and trotted out for one more defensive possession. Eight seconds remained in the game, and Ole Miss needed a bucket to pull back into the lead.
At the start of the third quarter, Florida forward Paulina Hersler received a pass and pulled up from the top of the key for the Gators’ first shot of the frame. The shot went straight through the basket, increasing UF’s lead over Arkansas to double digits and jump starting a 14-4 run to sta…
After Sunday’s loss to LSU marked Florida’s fifth straight defeat, UF women’s basketball coach Cameron Newbauer spent the opening moments of his press conference with his head down as he spoke to reporters.
Down by 15 with just over six minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Florida women’s basketball team played like a group desperate for its first conference win.
More Women's Basketball Stories
- Florida’s shooting woes continue as Gators drop fourth straight SEC game
- Women’s Basketball Notebook: Seiler partakes in first practice with UF ahead of Thursday’s game against Kentucky
- Newbauer frustrated following Florida women’s basketball team’s 0-3 SEC start
- Gators climb back from double-digit deficit but fall to Ole Miss in double OT
- Florida drops to 0-2 in SEC play following close loss to ‘Bama
- Gators second half meltdown leads to first SEC loss of season
- Florida thrashes Delaware State behind big day from Lorenzen
- Hersler leads Gators over Saint Joseph’s on Thursday
- Gators lose to Chattanooga following ‘selfish’ second-half play
- Gators hold off Marshall at home in five-point win
- Florida falls to Buckeyes by 26 on Wednesday
- Gators look to win fourth in a row tonight vs. Ohio State
- Gators dominate Sooners in biggest win of Newbauer era
- Gators guard Funda Nakkasoglu recovering from injury as team prepares for Oklahoma
- Haley Lorenzen fuels Gators' home win over Jacksonville
- Gators head into matchup against Jacksonville tonight with a few key injuries
- Gators set multiple records in final Savannah Invitational game
- Gators, without leading scorer Nakkasoglu, blown out by Stetson
- Three-point success overshadowed by Nakkasoglu injury during Gators win over Spiders
- After 30-point home loss, the Gators women’s basketball team gears up for three games in three days