Jim McElwain had a smugness about him after Saturday’s comeback win against Kentucky. He looked like he was trying to avoid smiling, as if to send a message that winning close games is just what his team does. That there’s nothing special about it. It reminded me of something he said after l…
After Week 3 left us with more questions than answers (Was UF’s win vs. Tennessee a fluke? What really qualifies as a “Hail Mary?” Will freshman DB McArthur Burnett ever get tired of flipping off opposing fans?), the Gators leave behind palm trees for bluegrass as they take on the Kentucky W…
Jim McElwain may coach at one of the top public universities in the country, but he had to go to Texas to learn an important lesson: Save your trash talk for after the game.
DALLAS — The room where athletic directors, coaches, administrators, former players and journalists from across the country meet to discuss the College Football Playoff is as regal as you’d expect.
Coach Jim McElwain was asked on Monday if he felt like the Gators stole a win in Saturday’s game against Tennessee. With nine seconds left on the clock in the fourth quarter and the game tied at 20, it looked like the Gators were heading for overtime.
- Column: Florida's win vs. Tennessee shows that the Gators don't need Callaway
- Column: Gators midfielder Lais Araujo worthy of the hype
- Column: Franks, Florida’s receivers are good enough to win now
- Column: Three things we learned from Florida’s win over Tennessee
- Picks column: A belated home opener
- Column: Florida needs a win on Saturday. Badly.
- Column: Has Jim McElwain given up on getting back Antonio Callaway and Jordan Scarlett? It sure sounds like it.
- Column: Two smoking hot takes from NFL Week 1
- alligatorSports Picks column: Hurricane party 2017
- Column: With Hurricane Irma approaching, UF should move Northern Colorado game to Friday
- Column: The fight against white nationalism needs you, Gators athletes
- Column: Gators fans: Get ready for a tough season
- alligatorSports Picks Column: Week 1
- Column: No matter the outcome, Michigan game is a win-win for the Gators
- Guest column: Bullied Gator fan from Michigan in need of rescue
- Column: How starting Feleipe Franks at QB affects the Michigan game and fight against ISIS
- Column: In the midst of Harvey devastation, Astros make it all about them
- Column: McElwain, Harbaugh should be put in charge of U.S. nuclear arsenal
- Column: Is Mayweather really the world’s best fighter? No.
- Column: Why aren’t you more hyped for Gators volleyball?