<p>Florida football coach Jim McElwain speaks to media members during a press conference on March 10 in the Southeast End Zone meeting room at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.</p>

Florida football coach Jim McElwain speaks to media members during a press conference on March 10 in the Southeast End Zone meeting room at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

With the Florida football team opening Fall camp on Aug. 6, coaches will get their first look at the newest Gators arriving on campus from the 2015 recruiting class. Here’s a list of five freshmen who could start from the beginning for UF.

1. Martez Ivey — It’s no secret that Florida’s offensive line lacks game experience, but UF’s future looks brighter with the addition of Martez Ivey, the No. 1 offensive tackle in the 2015 recruiting class according to Rivals.com. The Apopka native helped lead his team to an 11-4 record last season that ended with a victory in the Florida Class 8A state championship game. Ivey became close with UF offensive line coach Mike Summers early in the process, and their strong relationship paired with the wealth of potential playing time helped the Gators land his commitment. With UF returning just eight scholarship offensive linemen from last season, Ivey has a realistic possibility at starting at the left tackle position on Sept. 5.

2. CeCe Jefferson — Like Ivey, Jefferson’s decision came down to Auburn and Florida and he elected to stay in his home state. But the process was something to remember. Former defensive line coach Trent Williams departed after signing day for the Miami Dolphins, causing Jefferson to reportedly reconsider his college decision. But UF hired Chris Rumph to fill the role left by Williams, which was good news for Jefferson. Rumph had recruited Jefferson to Alabama, and the hiring of Rumph assuaged any remaining doubts about where Jefferson wanted to play. Now that he’s decided, Jefferson has the physical tools to start as a strong-side defensive end in defensive coordinator Geoff Collins’ system.

3. Antonio Callaway — If early reports are any indication, the Gators found a hidden gem in Miami native Antonio Callaway. The four-star recruit according to 247Sports is a speedy receiver who could start in the slot for the Gators. He hails from Booker T. Washington High, the same program where sophomore quarterback Treon Harris played, and playing in the slot is ideal for his skillset. Latroy Pittman and Brandon Powell and would seem to have the upper hand, but one setback in their development could have the coaches calling for Callaway’s services.

4. Jordan Scarlett — Like Callaway, the Gators stole Jordan Scarlett from Miami to give coach Jim McElwain his first four-star recruit. Scarlett explored his options across the state of Florida, including verbal commitments to Miami and Florida Atlantic. In the end, it came down to Florida and Florida State and Scarlett chose Gainesville. Florida lost Matt Jones in the backfield from last season, and the combination of Kelvin Taylor and Adam Lane look prepared to carry the load. But Scarlett could receive a share of the carries if either of the primary returning backs disappoint.

5. Jacob Tilghman — This one will come as a shock to most, but Jacob Tilghman could start on Sept. 5 as the long-snapper for the Gators. UF special teams coordinator Greg Nord reportedly saw Tilghman’s high school highlight tape and asked him to come in for a visit. While he isn’t on scholarship, Tilghman earned a preferred walk-on opportunity with the Gators. He apparently almost quit football altogether to focus on baseball, but his coaches at Mainland High in Daytona Beach convinced him to continue to develop his skills as a long-snapper. Now, he's in a position to start.