Florida fans got their first official update today on the nine UF football players who have been suspended indefinitely since August.
Kadarius Toney caught the ball and went backwards. Instead of cutting up field, he cut to his right and tried to use his speed to outrun Kentucky’s entire defense. “Man,” defensive end Jabari Zuniga thought on the sideline, “what’re you doing?”
When Luke Del Rio noticed Freddie Swain uncovered in Florida’s end zone and started to lob the ball toward his open receiver, only one thing ran through his mind.
Florida’s football players know about streaks. Last year, they entered a game at Tennessee having won 11 straight over the Volunteers. Former Gators cornerback Quincy Wilson announced he had a message for UT ahead of that game when he asked whether a duck could pull a truck, the point being …
More Football Stories
- Kentucky’s dual-threat QB could be trouble for the Gators
- Despite three decades of dominance vs. Kentucky, Gators couldn't care less
- With confidence from win, Gators receivers are ready to challenge Kentucky’s pass defense
- Deonte Thompson, Mike Gillislee score TDs in Week 3 and other Gators in the NFL
- McElwain: ‘We didn’t tackle worth a hill of beans’ against Tennessee
- With newfound campus stardom, Feleipe Franks prepares for his next test: Kentucky
- Walk-off win vs. Volunteers puts the Gators back on track
- Notebook: Reliving UF's game-winning play vs. Tennessee; freshman corner standing out
- Franks: I wasn’t intending on throwing ball at beginning of final play
- Gators top Tennessee, 26-20, on last-second touchdown pass
- Column: Franks, Florida’s receivers are good enough to win now
- Column: Three things we learned from Florida’s win over Tennessee
- Gators center T.J. McCoy watched his father battle cancer. Now, his father is watching T.J. carry on his football legacy.
- Playing for pride: Gators look to lock down Tennessee on Saturday
- Putting Irma behind them, Gators look forward to getting back on the field