Sentimentality crept through Florida’s locker room after the team’s win over UAB on Saturday. Finally, after six weeks and five games without a win, the Gators could celebrate. And they did.
Are you tired of retorting, “Oh yeah? Well our academics are better,” when a Florida State fan asserts their football team’s superiority? I would be.
More Football Stories
- Gators’ list of injuries grows, shrinks UF’s roster
- Interim coach Randy Shannon promotes receiver Dre Massey to second-string quarterback
- With bowl-game hopes gashed, Gators are playing for pride
- Column: Florida is terrible. But Saturday’s loss showed why its games are still worth watching
- Column: Gators coach Randy Shannon let his quarterback risk a major injury, and his explanation isn’t great.
- Gators losing streak continues in 28-20 defeat to Gamecocks
- Gators’ battle to make a bowl game starts in South Carolina
- Ja'Marr Chase, top-20 receiving recruit, decommits from the University of Florida
- Three things UF coach Randy Shannon wants to change before South Carolina game
- Gators in the NFL midseason update: Mike Gillislee, defensive rookies making an impact
- Notebook: Zaire to start against Gamecocks on Saturday
- Collapse in Columbia: Gators continue four-game skid
- Column: Gators have nothing to gain from playing Zaire
- Notebook: UF secondary torched, offense unable to capitalize on big plays in loss to Missouri
- Gators overpowered, 45-16, at Missouri for fourth straight loss