<p>Kansas State head football coach Bill Snyder, right, speaks as from left, Brian Bosworth, Bob Breunig, Reese Davis and Lincoln Kennedy laugh during a news conference announcing the 2015 College Football Hall of Fame Class on Jan. 9, 2015, in Dallas.</p>

Kansas State head football coach Bill Snyder, right, speaks as from left, Brian Bosworth, Bob Breunig, Reese Davis and Lincoln Kennedy laugh during a news conference announcing the 2015 College Football Hall of Fame Class on Jan. 9, 2015, in Dallas.

For the 11th time in school history, and the fifth time in the past 10 years, the Florida Gators have an inductee in the college football hall of fame.

Wes Chandler was a rare wide receiver who starred in a run-heavy offense for the Gators from 1974-1977. When he left Gainesville to go to the NFL, he was a two-time All-American and had 92 catches for 1,963 yards and 28 touchdowns.

“For me just to get to Florida and play, let’s face it, I was a high school running back and converted wide receiver when I went to Florida and converted back my senior year,” Chandler said. “That made it very difficult for me to make those adjustments but I appreciated the fact that Florida believed in me and thought I had talent to make those kind of adjustments.”

Chandler was selected third overall by the New Orleans Saints in the 1978 NFL draft and in 11 years as a pro amassed more than 9,000 total yards.

Now, Chandler is the president of the startup football league Major League Football, set to launch in the spring of 2016. Chandler even made an impression on new offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier.

"Wes Chandler was the receivers coach for [former UF coach] Galen Hall, 1996, I think, or '95, in the World Football League, when I played for the Rhein Fire,” Nussmeier said. “Great player and as good a coach. That's awesome for him, that's exciting."

Follow Richard Johnson on Twitter @RagjUF