Gators in the NFL: Percy Harvin breaks slump, catches six passes for 124 yards

<p>New York Jets wide receiver Percy Harvin, left, catches a 35-yard touchdown pass in front of Minnesota Vikings cornerback Josh Robinson during the first half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Dec. 7, 2014, in Minneapolis.</p>

New York Jets wide receiver Percy Harvin, left, catches a 35-yard touchdown pass in front of Minnesota Vikings cornerback Josh Robinson during the first half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Dec. 7, 2014, in Minneapolis.

With Week 14 of NFL action in the books, here are some of the highlight performances from former Gators now playing in the big leagues.

Percy Harvin, New York Jets: Percy Harvin has had a tough time catching a break — and passes — as of late.

Heading into Week 14, the sixth-year wide receiver had just five catches for 31 yards in his last three games after hauling in 39 receptions for 307 in the his first eight games of the season.

But on Sunday, in the New York Jets’ 30-24 overtime loss to the Minnesota Vikings, Harvin returned to form.

The former first round draft pick caught six passes for 124 yards and scored his first receiving touchdown of the season on a 35-yard pass from Jets quarterback Geno Smith in the second quarter to give New York its first lead of the game.

Harvin also had two rushes for 3 yards and returned four kickoffs for 109 yards.

His 47-yard return with less than six minutes remaining in the first half set the Jets up to make a 36-yard field goal six plays later to go into halftime trailing the Vikings 15-21.

Sunday was Harvin’s 11th 100-yard outing of his NFL career and second of the season.

On the season, Harvin has 630 yards of total offense (439 receiving, 191 rushing).

Caleb Sturgis, Miami Dolphins: Caleb Sturgis continued to show his accuracy on Sunday.

In the Miami Dolphins’ 28-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, Sturgis connected on both of his field goal attempts — from 46 and 34 yards — and made his lone extra-point attempt.

On the season, Sturgis has made 26 field goals — which ties for sixth in the NFL — and his 84-percent field goal rate is a stark improvement from his 76.5-percent clip from his rookie season last year.

He has missed just one field goal attempt that was from less than 40 yards this year.

Notes: Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden racked up four tackles and deflected two passes during the Browns’ 25-24 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

On the year, Haden has defended 19 passes, which is good for fourth in the league and one shy of his career high of 20 set in the 2013-14 season.

Chicago Bears linebacker Jon Bostic tallied a team-high seven tackles in the Bears’ 41-28 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday.

The second-year linebacker now has 59 tackles on the season, which surpasses his 57 stops from his rookie season.

Safeties Matt Elam and Will Hill combined for nine total tackles in the Ravens’ win against the Dolphins. Elam has 44 tackles while Hill has 27.

Undrafted rookie offensive lineman Jonotthan Harrison started his seventh game of the season at center for the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126