<p>New England Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissett (7) scrambles away from Miami Dolphins defensive end Mario Williams (94) during the second half of an NFL football game Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016, in Foxborough, Mass. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)</p>

New England Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissett (7) scrambles away from Miami Dolphins defensive end Mario Williams (94) during the second half of an NFL football game Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016, in Foxborough, Mass. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)

Week 2 of the NFL season gave Gators fans plenty to watch: a Florida transfer quarterbacking the Patriots, two Gators leading the Redskins’ offense, Joe Haden intercepting two passes from Joe Flacco and Dante Fowler breaking through the backfield against San Diego.

Brissett in the backfield:

New England is expected to trot out former Florida quarterback Jacoby Brissett against Houston on Thursday Night Football after he filled in against Miami last weekend.

On Sunday, New England starter Jimmy Garoppolo took a hard hit to the shoulder that resulted in a sprained AC joint, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Brissett — who backed up Jeff Driskel at UF in 2012 and then transferred to North Carolina State — relived Garoppolo with a 21-0 lead in the second quarter.

He went 0-for-2 in the first half but led a touchdown drive to start the second.

He earned his first NFL completion on a short play-action pass to uncovered tight end Martellus Bennett. The catch-and-run resulted in a 37-yard gain, and two more completions set up a touchdown run by LeGarrette Blount.

Brissett finished the second half 6-of-7 for 92 yards with 12 yards rushing.

“I think he did a lot of good things, not perfect,” coach Bill Belichick said according to the Houston Chronicle. “Lot of things to work on, probably true for everybody.”

Runners and Receivers:

Florida’s lead running back from 2012 made waves in the AFC East in Week 2.

On Thursday, Buffalo’s Mike Gillislee dove for a fourth-quarter score on his only touch of the game.

The half back caught a short pass from Tyrod Taylor, split two New York Jets defenders, bulled over a third and leapt forward to complete an 18-yard touchdown reception.

Washington continues to make good use of its talented Florida tandem, tight end Jordan Reed and running back Matt Jones. Reed led the team in receiving Sunday with five catches for 70 yards.

Jones scored the Redskins’ first touchdown when he bounced outside his blockers and cut through Dallas Cowboys defenders along the left sideline for a 14-yard dash capped by a dive for the pylon. He finished the game averaging 4.7 yards per carry on 13 rushes.

Sacks and Defensive Backs:

Dante Fowler was responsible for two of Jacksonville’s three sacks on Philip Rivers on Sunday. Fowler also had two tackles for loss in the Jaguars’ 38-14 loss to the Chargers.

Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Dominique Easley stuffed Seattle’s Thomas Rawls for a 1-yard loss in the second quarter of his team’s game and finished with three total tackles and a pass deflection.

Cleveland’s Joe Haden intercepted two passes against Baltimore on Sunday. Haden jumped a receiver’s route and guessed correctly as he picked off a pass halfway through the first quarter.

After getting beat down the left sideline by Steve Smith Sr. to start the second half, Haden made an adjustment minutes later and intercepted his second pass on a similar route in the end zone to preserve a one-point lead. The Ravens came back to win 25-20.

Tampa Bay’s Vernon Hargreaves played all but four snaps in a loss to Arizona, according to the Tampa Bay Times. His best moment came when he stuffed Cardinals running back David Johnson for a loss in the redzone. He left the game briefly with an ankle injury and finished with five solo tackles.

In Atlanta’s 35-28 win over Oakland, two Florida safeties made the stat sheet.

Veteran Reggie Nelson led the Raiders with 12 total tackles and 10 solo tackles on Sunday, while undrafted rookie Brian Poole doubled his solo tackles from last week, finishing the game with four for Atlanta.

Contact Matt Brannon at mbrannon@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @MattB_727.