<p>Wide receiver Demarcus Robinson caught 15 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns during Florida&#x27;s 36-30 triple-overtime win over the Kentucky Wildcats Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014. </p>

Wide receiver Demarcus Robinson caught 15 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns during Florida's 36-30 triple-overtime win over the Kentucky Wildcats Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014.

There’s one thing coach Jim McElwain has been preaching to the wide receivers on Florida’s roster.

Be more consistent.

Spring practice served as the opportunity for the receivers to showcase their skills to Florida’s first year coach.

McElwain said they progressed throughout the practices, but the group still has to learn the nuances of the offense.

"I think the understanding of how to play the game at the pace at which we expect it to be played, as well as the understanding of the formations and things that you have to be a good player," McElwain said.

Once the Orange & Blue Debut is in the rearview mirror, the receivers will have to keep making strides over the summer and fall.

McElwain said the group made improvements as Spring went along.

"I think the attention to detail got better as it went on," McElwain said. "Their understanding of what they need to do, and really it’s going to be a huge summer for that group as far as maintaining and keeping, continuing to learn before we get into fall camp."

McElwain also mentioned the receivers have been the one position where their willingness and eagerness to learn has stood out to him the most during Spring.

Whoever the starting quarterback is, he will look to lean on Demarcus Robinson.

The junior receiver had a breakout season in 2014 after he led the team with 53 catches, 810 yards and seven touchdowns.

His production was the best from a receiver at Florida since 2009 and for his efforts he was named Third Team All-Southeastern Conference by Phil Steele.

"D-Rob is a guy that’s got a little something something to him, and that’s a good thing for us," McElwain said.

But there were times last season when Robinson was taken out of games by opposing defenses.

His best game of his career came against Kentucky when he tied Carlos Alvarez’s school record for receptions in a game with 15.

But it would take him until the Vanderbilt game, six games later, to rack up 15 more receptions.

Some of Robinson’s drop off in production could be attributed to the inconsistency from the quarterbacks last year. But there is no denying that Robinson is the most talented receiver on the roster with the potential to be one of the best in the SEC.

He just has to show up in every game.

"For him his consistency is gotta really show and he’s a guy that we’ve gotta take advantage of and get the ball to in certain situations," McElwain said. "He is an explosive capability guy and has become more consistent as he’s gone and that’s good to see."

Follow Luis Torres on Twitter @LFTorresIII

Demarcus Robinson runs with the ball during Florida's 36-30 win against Kentucky at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.