<p>Antonio Morrison attempts a tackle during Florida's 38-20 win against Georgia on Nov. 1, 2014.</p>

Antonio Morrison attempts a tackle during Florida's 38-20 win against Georgia on Nov. 1, 2014.

Antonio Morrison said on UF’s athletic website Tuesday that he plans to return for his senior season.

"I will be getting my degree in 2015. That plays a big role in why I’m returning,’’ Morrison said in a release. "And as a leader of this team, I want to lead my team to Atlanta and possibly a national championship. Coach McElwain has put together a great staff and I’m looking forward to working with them this year."

Morrison finished the 2014 season with a career-high 101 tackles, becoming the first UF player with triple-digit tackles since Ahmad Black in 2010.

The Bellwood, Illinois, native recorded double-digit tackles in six games this season, including a career-high 16 in UF’s 23-20 overtime loss to South Carolina on Nov. 15.

Morrison suffered a left knee injury in the second quarter of Florida’s win against East Carolina on Saturday. Interim head coach D.J. Durkin did not know the severity of the injury following the game, but Morrison walked onto the field afterward on crutches.

Morrison is the second UF junior in as many days to announce that he will return to Florida, joining defensive lineman Jon Bullard.