<p>Clemson coach Dabo Swinney reacts at the end of regulation against Florida State in Tallahassee,on Saturday. Florida State defeated Clemson 23-17 in overtime.</p>

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney reacts at the end of regulation against Florida State in Tallahassee,on Saturday. Florida State defeated Clemson 23-17 in overtime.

A Jameis Winston-less No. 1 Florida State team beat Atlantic Coast Conference rival Clemson on Saturday, and much of that was because Clemson is always going to "Clemson."

The art of "Clemsoning" simply means losing a football game that should have been won. "Clemsoning" can be done by committing a costly turnover late in the game or calling a not-so-smart play in certain field situations.

The latter occurred on Saturday when the Tigers forced the Seminoles into overtime at Doak Campbell Stadium and sat at 4th-and-1 from the FSU 16 yard line.

If you are Clemson, the logical play call would be to just run it up the middle to get the first down, right?

But instead, offensive coordinator Carl Franks called a run play, but placed Tigers quarterback Deshaun Watson in the shotgun to hand the ball off to tailback Adam Choice. The play resulted in no gain, and FSU took over on downs, while Karlos Williams rushed for a 12-yard touchdown on first down.

Game over, with a final score of 23-17.

Clemson just "Clemsoned."

SEC West Update: The loaded Southeastern Conference Western Division — which heads into Week 5 with four teams ranked in the AP Top 25 poll — continued its dominance with No. 5 Auburn getting past a scrappy Kansas State team on the road on Thursday night, No. 3 Alabama rolling over Florida 42-21 and No. 6 Texas A&M dismantling SMU 58-6 in Dallas.

Fans saw the first upset within the division on Saturday as Mississippi State went into Death Valley and defeated then-No. 8 LSU 34-29. The Bulldogs have not won in Baton Rouge since 1991.

Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott had his breakout game, throwing for 268 yards and rushing for another 198.

The Bulldogs were unranked in the AP last week and jumped to No. 14 after the upset.

Don’t sleep on Arkansas this season, either — its 52-14 victory over Northern Illinois snapped the Huskies’ 17-game road winning streak. Not to mention Arkansas’ Alex Collins is averaging 123 yards on the ground per game.

No Top-5 Upset Yet: It is week five and a member of the AP Top 5 has yet to go down, although a couple teams came close.

No. 4 Oklahoma pulled away in Morgantown, W. Va., in the second half against West Virginia to take a 45-33 win, highlighted by tailback Samaje Perine scoring the Sooners’ final three touchdowns.

No. 3 Oregon squeaked by Mike Leach and Washington State on the road, winning only by a touchdown thrown by quarterback Marcus Mariota late in the fourth.

Follow Morgan Moriarty on Twitter @Morgan_Moriarty