<p>Tim&nbsp;Tebow throws a pass during warm-ups before a preseason game against the Detroit Lions on Aug. 27. The New England Patriots released Tebow on Aug. 31.</p>

Tim Tebow throws a pass during warm-ups before a preseason game against the Detroit Lions on Aug. 27. The New England Patriots released Tebow on Aug. 31.

Former UF quarterback Tim Tebow signed a one-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday afternoon. As he looks for another opportunity to resurrect his football playing career, here’s a look back at his time in the NFL:

April 22, 2010: The Denver Broncos selected Tebow with the 25th overall pick of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Oct. 17, 2010: Tebow scored his first career NFL touchdown, reaching the endzone on a 5-yard rush during Denver’s 24-20 loss to the New York Jets.

Nov. 14, 2010: Tebow completes his first career pass, a 3-yard touchdown during the third quarter of Denver’s 49-29 win against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Dec. 19, 2010: With postseason dreams out of sight and three games left in the regular season, the Broncos named Tebow the starting quarterback for their game against the Oakland Raiders. He finished the regular season 1-2 as a starter, completing 49.4 percent of his passes for 651 yards.

Oct. 9, 2011: After backing up Kyle Orton through Denver’s first four games, Tebow was thrust into the starting role to start the second half of Denver’s 29-24 loss to the San Diego Chargers. He started the rest of the regular season, leading the Broncos to a 7-4 record in the final 11 regular-season games.

Jan. 8, 2012: Tebow won his first postseason victory after leading Denver to a 29-23 overtime win against the Pittsburgh Steelers, throwing an 80-yard touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas on the overtime play.

March 21, 2012: After Denver signed Peyton Manning to be its starting quarterback, the Broncos traded Tebow and a seventh round draft pick to the New York Jets for the Jets’ fourth and sixth round picks.

2012 season: Tebow was used mainly in a Wildcat role during his year with the Jets, completing 6 of 8 passes for 39 yards and gaining 102 yards on 32 rushing attempts.

April 29, 2013: The Jets released Tebow.

June 11, 2013: The New England Patriots signed Tebow to a two-year contract with no guaranteed money.

Aug. 31, 2013: The Patriots released Tebow after struggling during the four-game preseason.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126