<p>UF cornerback Jalen Tabor participates in Spring practice on March 11, 2016, at the Sanders Practice Facility. </p>

UF cornerback Jalen Tabor participates in Spring practice on March 11, 2016, at the Sanders Practice Facility. 

Florida cornerback Jalen Tabor and tight end C’yontai Lewis have been suspended from the team and will miss UF's season opener on Sept. 3, Florida announced on Wednesday.

Tabor and Lewis were involved in a fight in practice that led to their suspension, according to multiple reports.

“Both C'yontai and Jalen will not be involved with the team or practice due to behavior that is not acceptable,'' coach Jim McElwain said in a release. "By no means are these bad guys and yet consequences have been handed down. We will not look the other way when it comes to breaking of team policies.”  

Tabor, a first team All-SEC selection in 2015, is one of Florida’s most experienced defensive backs. Tabor totaled a team-high tying four interceptions and a team-high 14 pass breakups last season.

Lewis served as a backup tight end in 2015, totaling four receptions for 75 yards and two touchdowns.

“There are life lessons in everything we do,” McElwain said. “We will be better because of it and no one person is bigger than the Florida Gators."