<p>Antonio Morrison helps tackle Vanderbilt running back Jerron Seymour during the Gators’ 34-17 loss to the Commodores in the 2013 season.</p>

Antonio Morrison helps tackle Vanderbilt running back Jerron Seymour during the Gators’ 34-17 loss to the Commodores in the 2013 season.

Antonio Morrison is on a hot streak.

The junior linebacker totaled a career-high 14 tackles during Florida’s 30-27 loss to LSU.

Morrison’s previous career-high tackle total was 12 set against LSU on Oct. 12, 2013.

"He played well," redshirt senior linebacker Mike Taylor said. "He was flying around to the ball, hitting people, getting people to the ground."

Morrison leads the Gators with 46 total tackles and has racked up double digit tackles in every Southeastern Conference game this season.

"He is playing his best football since he’s been here," defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin said.

"He’s got to continue to do that. We’re counting on him to do that. He’s a guy that takes his job and what we do very seriously. He puts a lot of time into it and I think it shows how he plays. He spends time on football a bunch outside of when he has to be here in meetings and practice. I think it’s showing."

Neal embracing playmaker role: Keanu Neal needed some time to adjust.

The safety rarely played deep in the backfield during his time at Bushnell (Fla.) South Sumter High, so he never had as much responsibility in terms of coverage.

But after more than a year learning under coach Will Muschamp, Neal has made strides throughout his sophomore year.

Through five games, Neal has a team-high three interceptions and a fumble recovery for a touchdown in addition to 23 tackles and two pass breakups.

"He has been a guy that, it took him a little more time than it does others as far as scheme and to adjust and play the ball down the field," coach Will Muschamp said on Wednesday’s SEC coaches’ teleconference.

"But he has got really good ball judgment. He can finish on plays. He’s a very good tackler. He has very good instincts in the box and in the deep part of the field. He has improved his communication skills tremendously.

"He is a very hard self-evaluator, as a matter of fact probably too hard on himself at times. But he is a guy that continues to improve, gets better every practice. He goes out and he’s got a tremendous work ethic. I’ve coached a bunch of good safeties and he’s going to be right up there with them at the end of the day."

Injury update: Leon Orr is set to return to Florida’s lineup on Saturday against Missouri.

The redshirt senior defensive lineman has missed the Gators past two games since getting his knee scoped.

Despite his absence, UF’s defensive line has progressed, racking up 10 sacks in the last two weeks.

"The guys that have been playing up front have been playing really well," Durkin said. "I’m really happy with our rotation up front and obviously bringing him back just adds one more healthy body to the rotation, which is always a good thing. We’ll see how he does."

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126