<p>Dante Fowler Jr hypes up the crowd during Florida's 28-20 win in the Birmingham Bowl against East Carolina on Jan. 3 at Legion Field.</p>

Dante Fowler Jr hypes up the crowd during Florida's 28-20 win in the Birmingham Bowl against East Carolina on Jan. 3 at Legion Field.

Florida’s Pro Day will be held later than usual this year.

Normally held in mid-March, the annual event for UF football players to impress NFL scouts will take place on April 7 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, four days before UF’s annual spring football game.

Scouts from most of the NFL’s 32 teams will head to Gainesville to see Florida football players aspiring to be selected in the seven-round NFL draft participate in various drills and on-field workouts.

Nine UF players already had the opportunity to showcase their talents to scouts at the NFL Combine, a weeklong event that ended Monday in Indianapolis, and have seen their stocks rise.

In mock drafts that have surfaced following the combine have defensive lineman/linebacker hybrid Dante Fowler Jr. and offensive lineman D.J. Humphries being selected in the first round of May’s NFL Draft.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126