<p>Maria Torres hits the ball during the SunTrust Gator Women’s Golf Invitational on March 15.</p>

Maria Torres hits the ball during the SunTrust Gator Women’s Golf Invitational on March 15.

Florida is returning to the Sooner State for the second time in two weeks. But on this trip, the Gators have a chance to win it all.

UF earned a spot in its 24th-overall, and fourth-straight NCAA Women’s Golf Championship, which begins today and lasts through Friday at the par-70 Tulsa Country Club in Tulsa, Okla.

Florida’s last national championship came nearly 30 years ago in 1986

“We got our first look at the course yesterday, and it is a great venue for this week’s championship,” coach Emily Glaser said in a release. “As you might expect in Oklahoma in the spring, the winds are forecasted to be strong early in the week.”

Glaser will send out Maria Torres, Sarah Schober, Karolina Vlckova, Camilla Hedberg and Elcin Ulu for the five-person lineup. The Gators are the eighth-ranked team in the Central Region, which contains nine of the 25 teams in the field.

UF will tee off in the first round at 8:30 a.m. The field will play 18 holes on each of the four days of competition.

“Patience will be a big key to our success,” Glaser said. “If we can do this and limit our mistakes, we will have a good tournament.”

Follow Layne Weitzel on Twitter @laynejweitzel