<p>Sammi Burgess makes a play on the ball during Florida's 14-4 loss on March 19, 2016 Maryland at Donald R. Dizney Stadium.&nbsp;</p>

Sammi Burgess makes a play on the ball during Florida's 14-4 loss on March 19, 2016 Maryland at Donald R. Dizney Stadium. 

The travel schedule during the Big East season has been grueling for the Gators.

The first two games, wins over Vanderbilt and Temple, were at home. However, what followed was the most arduous one-week stretch of the conference season.

No. 2 Florida traveled to Washington, D.C., to face Georgetown on April 9, came back home to play Marquette last Wednesday, and ventured north again to play Villanova in Philadelphia on Saturday. All three games ended in 14-7, 15-5 and 14-4 wins, respectively.

Coach Amanda O’Leary said that traveling is a challenge, but it’s a part of the process her team is used to. She attributed the consistency throughout the conference schedule to the players’ ability to focus on the present task.

“It’s just knowing that each and every game is important, not only for conference play but for postseason,” O’Leary said. “They're all very seasoned players, and they all understand how important each and every game is.”

The Gators (14-1, 5-0 Big East) will attempt to conquer on the road again today when they face Cincinnati (4-10, 0-4 Big East) at noon.

The Bearcats, who are the lone conference team that has yet to win a Big East match, started the season 4-2, but have since dropped eight straight.

Before starting conference play, Cincinnati played three-consecutive competitive games — the first two were respective one-goal losses to Niagara and Coastal Carolina, and the latter was a four-goal loss to then-No. 5 Louisville — so O’Leary isn’t underestimating its ability despite an ugly looking record.

“I’ve watched a lot of film on them, and they are a very, very good team,” she said. “They’re very competitive, they’re big, they’re strong. They have some offensive players that can put the ball in the back of the net.”

The Bearcats’ offense is led by two seniors in Megan Bell and Courtney Curtis, who have scored 24 and 20 goals this season, respectively.

O’Leary said that stopping the front line will rely on multiple defensive tactics.

“We’re going to have to send the early doubles — a lot of communication,” she said. “We’re going to have to play some very good man-to-man defense.

“It’s going to be a challenge for us, defensively, but at the same time it’s great preparation for us as well, moving forward.”

To combat the offensive prowess of the Bearcats, the Gators will rely on a diverse front line led by junior attacker Sammi Burgess and freshman midfielder Lindsey Ronbeck — both have combined for 12 goals in the past two games, including eight from Ronbeck.

If Florida beats Cincinnati, and Connecticut wins its game today against Georgetown, UF and the Huskies will play for the regular-season conference championship when they face off in Gainesville on Sunday.

Right now, that is the least of O’Leary’s worries. Winning against the Bearcats is the focus.

“We’re going to have to go out there with our A-game,” she said. “Because, I know Cincinnati is going to bring theirs.”

Contact Kyle Brutman at kbrutman@alligator.org and you can follow him on Twitter @KBrut13