The Gators continue to have struggles on the road as the season winds down. No. 15 Florida fell 4-3 to Vanderbilt in Nashville, Tenn., for its eighth loss of the season and fifth on the road.

UF started off strong by taking the doubles point. Maxx Lipman and Elliott Orkin defeated Rhys Johnson and Jeffrey Offerdahl (VU) 8-3. Next to finish was Florent Diep and Gordon Watson, winning over No. 3 ranked Gonzales Austin and Ryan Lipman (VU) 8-5 to clinch the doubles point for Florida.

But Florida couldn’t bring its momentum into singles action, winning only two of six total matches. Mike Alford finished first to defeat Suresh Eswaran (VU) 6-2, 6-4 to give Florida the 2-0 lead over Vanderbilt. Minutes later, freshman Orkin fell to Johnson (VU) in straight sets, 6-2, 7-5.

Hidalgo defeated Offerdahl (VU) 7-6, 6-1, which was Florida’s last win of the match. Diep fell to Austin (VU) 7-5, 7-6, and Watson was then defeated in three sets, 6-4, 4-6, 7-6. Last to finish was Maxx Lipman, falling to Kris Yee 7-6, 7-6 to give Vanderbilt the 4-3 edge over Florida to win the match.

Florida will play in it regular season finale against Kentucky Sunday at 1 p.m. in Lexington, Ky.

Follow Britnee McCoy on Twitter @TheReporterGirl