In their first day of the SEC tournament, the Florida Gators defeated the LSU Tigers in a clean 4-0 sweep to place them in the conference tournament semifinals.

On the doubles court, Florida only gave up one match which was down on court No. 2. Freshmen Elliot Orkin and Maxx Lipman didn’t put up much fight against John Michael Busch and Chris Simpson (LSU), losing 8-1. From that match on it was all Gators.

No. 29 senior Florent Diep and sophomore Gordon Watson pulled off a close one against Tam Trinh and Eric Perez (LSU) 8-6. Diego Hidalgo and Mike Alford won the tiebreak against Andrew Korinek and Boris Arias (LSU) 8-7 to clinch the doubles point and put Florida up 1-0.

Singles was quick and easy for Florida. They won in a quick one, two, three fashion. Watson finished off his opponent Boris Arias (LSU) first 6-3, 6-1 to give the Gators a demanding 2-0 over the Tigers.

Then was Florent Diep with a 6-4, 6-2 win against No. 84 Chris Simpson (LSU). And to clinch the match was Diego Hidalgo, beating Andrew Korinek (LSU) 6-3, 7-6.

Next up for Florida is the conference semifinals match against Vanderbilt Saturday at 3 p.m.

Follow Britnee McCoy on Twitter @TheReporterGirl