Jim McElwain, the new Florida Gator head football coach said in his opening press conference that you have to “recruit daily or die now”. Less than two weeks after he was named head coach, he and his staff has landed their first verbal commitment to the 2015 recruiting class.

Tight end Daniel Imatorbhebhe (6-foot-4, 220 pounds, Suwannee, Ga., North Gwinnett High) announced he was verbally committing to Florida on Tuesday afternoon via his Twitter account (@_bhex2) saying: “Thank you to all the people/coaches that have supported me and given me an opportunity to play at their schools…I’m extremely proud to announce that I will be attending The University of Florida!!!”

Imatorbhebhe, the No. 17 ranked tight end in the country per Rivals.com, will provide much-needed depth at the position, which lost seniors Clay Burton, Tevin Westbrook, Hunter Joyer and Gideon Ajagbe to graduation.

Redshirt senior Jake McGee, who transferred from Virginia last May, had a season-ending broken leg injury in the Gators’ opener. He is still undecided about whether or not he will apply for a medical redshirt to receive another year of eligibility.

As a senior at North Gwinnett this past fall, Imatorbhebhe accounted for 32 receptions for 487 yards, including eight touchdowns on the season.

Follow Morgan Moriarty on Twitter @Morgan_Moriarty