ST. PETERSBURG — Four-star defensive end Jordan Jenkins doesn’t say “hella” — he’s more of a y’all kind of guy.

Transplanted to Hamilton, Ga., from Washington, Jenkins said it has been funny listening to the idiosyncratic differences between the West and East Coast Under Armour All-America players this week.

“One of the signature words that lets you tell if someone is from California or Washington or something like that is ... if they start saying ‘hella.’ I’ve gotten sort of into that Southern drawl a little bit.”

Jenkins had an explosive night for Team Highlight at Tropicana Field Thursday night in the Under Armour All-America Game, putting up eight tackles and two sacks.

He has been a major target for Florida commits recently, with his decision between Alabama and Florida to be announced today.

“I definitely haven’t made my decision yet,” Jenkins said. “A lot of thinking, a lot of stress, and a big earful from my dad (will happen during the decision-making process this weekend).”

Jenkins also confirmed he would visit with UF coaches after the game, after an invite from defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.

“I definitely feel honored because I’m not even a commit and they want me to come down,” Jenkins said.

Maye excels: For Florida oral commit Marcus Maye, the Under Armour All-America game was about redemption.

The four-star prospect out of Melbourne saw his senior season at Holy Trinity end due to a foot injury.

Maye, although recruited as a safety, dazzled at the outside linebacker position. He tallied five tackles and two assists as well as a fumble recovery in the first half. Maye also blocked a punt that went for a safety, the first safety in the 5-year history of the game.

To participate in the Under Armour game, which his Team Blur dominated in a 49-16 win, was a “one-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Maye said.

“Definitely been through a little ups and downs and stuff like that, but I’m all healed. ... I was glad to be back on the field. The way I went out on top this year — I couldn’t ask for anything else.”

Thompson working targets: Gators oral commit Colin Thompson celebrated Team Blur’s rout of Team Highlight by, well, going to Disney World.

He spent Friday at the theme park with his family: members of a party of 40 that traveled from his hometown in Warminster, Pa., to see him play in the Under Armour game.

The four-star tight end had a catch for 16 yards in the third quarter, and used his 6-foot-5, 255-pound frame to make a big impact blocking for Team Blur.

Thompson has also been making an impact on the recruiting trail for UF, talking up the Gators to other undecided All-Americans throughout the past few days.

“To put names with faces and actually meeting the guys is what I really care about,” he said. “I’ll recruit the guys that are great people over a player who may be better than them. Those are the people I want to play with.”

Poole sets record: Brian Poole hasn’t yet signed his letter of intent, but he is already breaking Gators’ records.

In the first quarter, his 93-yard pick-six set an Under Armour All-America game record for longest touchdown play, a mark previously held by current Gator Andre Debose.

“My instincts just took me to it, and once the ball hit my hands, I already had in my mind I was going to the house,” Poole said of the play. “It’s a great opportunity to be in the record book, so I’m excited about it.”

Poole and Maye, both on the victorious Team Blur, had monster performances.

“I feel like we made a huge statement,” he said, also expressing his pride in his future teammates as well.

“It was awesome — all us came out, made a lot of plays, had a lot of fun. I mean, we just showing the future of the program at Florida.”

Oral commitments are nonbinding until a national letter of intent is signed on or after National Signing Day on Feb. 1, 2012.