<p>UF coach Jim McElwain smiles in the huddle during practice on Dec. 4, 2015, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.</p>

UF coach Jim McElwain smiles in the huddle during practice on Dec. 4, 2015, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

Update 1:05 p.m. Four-star cornerback Kristian Fulton remains in his home state and officially commits to LSU. Fulton, the No. 6 ranked cornerback in the nation, was undecided until today between UF and LSU, but was thought to be leaning heavily toward the Tigers.

***

Update 12:37 p.m. Four star offensive lineman John Simpson commits to Clemson over Florida, Alabama and LSU. Simpson, a 6-foot-4, 288 pound guard, is the No. 19 guard in the country.

***

Update 12:10 p.m. Four star defensive tackle Shavar Manuel confirms his de-commitment from Florida and signs his letter of intent with FSU in a video posted to Bleacher Report.

***

Update 11:39 a.m. Three star safety Quincy Lenton sends his letter of intent to Florida. The 6-foot, 195 pounder is Florida’s third defensive back commit of the day.

***

Update: 11:26 a.m. Three star athlete Aaron Robinson, who was verbally committed to Florida, flips to Alabama.

***

Updated 10:46 a.m. Three-star safety Jeawon Taylor officially commits to Florida. Taylor is a6-foot-2, 192 pounder from Montgomery, Alabama, and the No. 23 prospect in Alabama.

***

Updated 10:23 a.m. Florida lands one of its biggest signings of the day: Five star defensive end Antonneous Clayton announces via Twitter that he has signed his letter of intent to UF. Clayton, a 6-foot-4, 218 pounder from Vienna, Georgia, is the No. 2 defensive end in the nation and the No. 27 overall prospect.

***

Updated 10:16 a.m. Three star defensive back CJ McWilliams sends his letter of intent to Florida. The 5-foot-11, 164-pounder from Miami will look to compete for a position at safety for the Gators.

***

Updated 10 a.m. Three-star wide receiver Rick Wells faxes in his national letter of intent. Wells, a 6-foot, 185-pound receiver out of Raines High in Jacksonville, has been committed to the Gators for more than a year. He joins four-star receiver Tyrie Cleveland and early enrollees Joshua Hammond, Dre Massey and Freddie Swain in UF’s 2016 class.

***

Updated 9:57 a.m. Three-star linebacker Vosean Joseph confirms his commitment to UF. The 6-foot-2, 210 pounder from Miami was deciding between Florida and Alabama.

*** 

Updated 9:42 Four-star defensive tackle Shavar Manuel announces via Twitter that he has de-committed from UF. The 6-foot-3, 310 pound lineman was split between UF and FSU before today, and would have added a lift to UF’s defensive line after the departure of Jonathan Bullard.

***

Updated 9:38 a.m. Four-star wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland, the No. 2 wide receiver and No. 33 overall prospect, commits to Florida. Along with Florida, the 6-foot-3, 180-pounds pass catcher was also considering Arkansas and TCU. Cleveland will bolster a Florida receiving corps that is headlined by Antonio Callaway, who reset UF’s record last season for receiving yards by a true freshman.

***

Updated: 9:31 a.m. Three star linebacker Jeremiah Moon sends the Gators his letter of intent, according to Graham Hall of the Gainesville Sun. Moon, a 6-foot-4, 210 pounder from Hoover, Alabama, was the No. 13 recruit in Alabama. Moon provides depth to UF’s linebacker corp that lost senior Antonio Morrison and return two key playmakers in Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone.

***

Updated 9:09 a.m. Lamical Perine, the No. 11 running back in the 2016 recruiting class, officially sends in his letter of intent to the Gators. The 5-foot-11, 211-pound four star running back will look to help bolster the Gators’ backfield with the departure of Kelvin Taylor.

***

Updated 8:37 a.m. Four star wide receiver Rick Wells confirms his commitment to Florida. The 6-foot, 187-pound pass-catcher becomes UF’s fourth signee of the day.

***

Updated 8:32 a.m. Four stardefensive endBrian Burns commits to FSU over Florida and Georgia. The 6-foot-5, 217-pound edge rusher was thought to be high on UF, and would have added a boost to UF’s depth with the departure of DE Alex McCalister.

***

Updated 8:18 a.m. Offensive lineman Jawaan Taylor sends in his letter of intent to become the Gators’ third signee of National Signing Day and second OL commit. Taylor is a 6-foot-4, 345-pound offensive tackle from Cocoa.

***

8:01 a.m. The Gators started off National Signing Day early with two signees officially sending in their letter of intent: three star offensive lineman Brett Heggie and three star defensive end Jachai Polite.

Heggie, a 6-foot-4, 290-pound center from Mount Dora, committed to the Gators back in July after meeting with UF offensive line coach Mike Summers.

Polite, a 6-foot-4, 230-pound defensive end from Daytona Beach, previously committed to UF in November.

***

All rankings courtesy of Rivals.com.