<p>Miami goalkeeper Emily Lillard blocks a shot by Florida forward Savannah Jordan during the Gators' 3-0 win against the Hurricanes on Friday at James G. Pressly Stadium.</p>

Miami goalkeeper Emily Lillard blocks a shot by Florida forward Savannah Jordan during the Gators' 3-0 win against the Hurricanes on Friday at James G. Pressly Stadium.

In games four and five of its streak of six straight away games, the Gators took away a lot of positives from its West Coast weekend.

On Friday in Palo Alto, Calif., No. 6 Florida (5-2) had the opportunity to face off against No. 4 Stanford (6-0-1).

In a very evenly matched game played at a high level by both teams, Florida would eventually fall to Stanford on an overtime penalty kick.

Coach Becky Burleigh said despite the loss, she saw many positive things from her team that they can continue to build and improve upon.

"I think we took a lot from that experience," Burleigh said.

"The mood of the team after that match was very upbeat and that showed on Sunday."

And it certainly showed on Sunday.

Florida flew into Albuquerque eager to avenge its loss two nights earlier.

And it did so in dominant fashion.

Florida beat New Mexico 4-0, equaling their highest goal output of the season.

Sophomore Savannah Jordan scored twice on the day, putting her at five goals for the year — a team high.

Junior Lauren Smith added her first goal of the season, and sophomore Brooke Sharp contributed with her second goal of the year as well as her second assist.

The Lobos had no answer for Florida’s high-powered offense.

In all, Florida played 21 players in Sunday’s match.

The roster is made up of 25.

Once again, the Gators’ depth played a huge role for them in a decisive victory.

"We used a lot of players in that match (against New Mexico)," Burleigh said. "It was great for some of the younger players to get some experience in a situation like that too, and to come away with a shutout and a 4-0 victory on the road, it was just a good ending for the weekend."

Florida also received contributions on Sunday from a new but familiar face.

Senior Karina Gutsche made her first appearance for the Gators this year after suffering a sprained MCL in a preseason practice.

She started every match at center defensive back in 2013 and will play a big role in strengthening an already talented Florida back line.

Redshirt sophomore Valerie Tysinger also played at goalkeeper in the second half of Florida’s victory over New Mexico, making her third appearance of the season behind starter Taylor Burke.

Tysinger had six saves in the win over the Lobos, and now has nine saves in just 90 minutes of action this season with no goals allowed.

She and Burke together recorded the shutout on Sunday.

"I think Val has been really, really good in practice and really consistent," Burleigh said.

"I think she has deserved that opportunity and continues to deserve more opportunity, so we’re really fortunate to have a situation where both goalkeepers are very competent in what they do."

Follow Alex Maminakis on Twitter @alexmaminakis