Katie Stengel grew up in Melbourne, Florida.

But when she takes the field on Saturday at James G. Pressly Stadium, she won’t be wearing orange and blue for the Gators.

Instead, Stengel will be suiting up for the team she has played professionally for since August of 2014 — FC Bayern Munich.

Florida will host the German-based club on Saturday at 6 p.m. and then FC Bayern will travel to Orlando to face the U-20 U.S. Women’s National Team on Tuesday as part of the team’s winter training camp.

Stengel said she is happy to be back home in the Sunshine State for about a week.

"The team has been great and it’s been fun to get used to a whole new culture and a whole new place," Stengel said on how she’s adjusted to life overseas. "I actually love Munich, the city, so it’s been difficult but it’s been fun."

Stengel played her college soccer at Wake Forest and won the U-20 Women’s World Cup with the U.S. team in Japan in 2012.

Now, she has scored a team-high 7 goals with FC Bayern since she joined the team. Stengel is just 22 years old.

She said the game against the Gators won’t be anything to take lightly and that the team is excited for the challenge.

"I think (FC Bayern is) really expecting a hard game, a fun game," Stengel said. "It should be pretty competitive."

Follow Alex Maminakis on Twitter @alexmaminakis