<p>Havana Solaun dribbles the ball during UF's 3-1 win against Tennessee on Friday.</p>

Havana Solaun dribbles the ball during UF's 3-1 win against Tennessee on Friday.

Florida (13-4, 8-2 Southeastern Conference) used a balanced attack to take down a struggling LSU team (5-12-2, 1-8-1 SEC) on Sunday, defeating the Tigers 3-0 in Baton Rouge, La.

It was the Gators’ first shutout since a 1-0 win on Oct. 3 at Texas A&M and one of the team’s most complete performances of the season.

The Gators’ three goals were scored by three different players, and because of the lead they built up in the first half, UF coach Becky Burleigh was able to give all 22 available players time on the field.

"I think that’s really important," Burleigh said about getting contributions from so many players.

"We think that depth is an important part of our team. To see those players to get an opportunity to play and perform well is really important."

The Gators were on the offensive from the start, taking 13 shots in the first half while not allowing the Tigers to have a shot through the first 45 minutes of regulation.

Savannah Jordan scored the first goal in the 23nd minute, a scorching shot that went straight to the top-right corner of the net.

It was her 14th goal of the season. Jordan led the match with five shots and three shots-on-goal.

Florida took a two-goal lead in the 42nd minute when Betsy Middleton sent a pass to the feet of a breaking Brooke Smith, who patiently took a touch and then put home her second goal of the season around the charging LSU goalkeeper.

Florida took the 2-0 lead to halftime but wasted no time to start the second half.

Senior midfielder Havana Solaun, who provided the assist on Jordan’s first-half goal, added a goal of her own in the 51st minute.

Unassisted, she dribbled the ball around the goalkeeper and finished for her 5th goal of the season and the 26th of her career, which puts her in a tie for 11th all-time in UF history.

For the rest of the match, Florida held on to its 3-0 lead while inserting substitutes throughout the final half hour.

"We wanted to continue that momentum from our win on Friday night, and I think we did just that," Burleigh said.

"I think it was big for us to get back to our winning ways (this weekend) and more importantly, just to get back to the way that we play."

Even with the shutout, the Gators played both of their goalkeepers, keeping Taylor Burke from getting her school-record tying 27th career shutout.

Burke played the first half, and redshirt sophomore Valerie Tysinger was prepared to play the entire second half, but suffered a head injury about 15 minutes in and was forced to be taken out.

Burke re-entered and finished the game.

Burleigh said Tysinger had a cut on her head from a collision with an LSU player, and although she had to be removed, the injury wasn’t serious.

Despite the limited playing time, Tysinger still recorded two saves in the match.

With the win, the Gators continue to hold their second-place standing in the SEC, trailing behind only Texas A&M in conference standings.

Florida only has one regular season game remaining - Thursday night against Vanderbilt at 7 - before the SEC Tournament, which begins Nov. 3.

Follow Graham Hack on Twitter @graham_hack24