<p>Savannah Jordan dribbles the ball during Florida's 3-2 win against Texas Tech.</p>

Savannah Jordan dribbles the ball during Florida's 3-2 win against Texas Tech.

In a game that featured no significant scoring threat in the first half, the Florida soccer team took down the Miami Hurricanes Thursday night, winning 4-2 in Coral Gables.

The No. 14 Gators (2-1-0) took five shots in the first half and only challenged the Hurricanes’ goalkeeper twice as the other three first half shots sailed wide of the goal.

It was a tale of two halves for both teams as they headed to the locker rooms knotted at 0-0.

"I think it was more just a 'let’s stop worrying so much about our system or our style or trying to be perfect and just compete',"coach Becky Burleigh said.

"We just needed to battle and I think they came out and really took that to heart."

After the halftime intermission, the two sides erupted to score five goals within 10 minutes.

Miami (0-2-0) took a 1-0 lead over Florida in the 56th minute to start the scoring frenzy.

Just as the Hurricanes were getting their defense set after the goal, the Gators answered.

Junior forward Savannah Jordan found the back of the net in the 58th minute, her second goal this season, to tie the game, 1-1.

But Jordan was just getting started.

She scored again three minutes later and the Gators took a 2-1 lead.

Miami scored its second goal of the match in the 62nd minute, making the scoreline even.

The high level of intensity from both sides led to more offensive opportunities, with the Gators outshooting the Canes 19-8.

Finding more attacking chances and shots on goal for Florida in the match was due in part to the forward play of the outside defensive backs.

"It was not even what I said," Burleigh said.

"It was some of the older players and the veterans of the locker room stood up and said it before I got in there and I think it really resonated with this group."

The Gators scored their third goal in 10 minutes in the 66th minute when freshman midfielder Sarah Troccoli found the back of the net for the first goal of her career.

Jordan scored again in the 85th minute, giving the Gators a two-goal lead with just over five minutes remaining in the match.

During the first half, the junior forward from Fayetteville, Georgia, had a hard time getting anything going.

Jordan had a hard time staying on the ball when it came to her, but the two-time All-American was able to flip the script during the second half.

Jordan’s goal in the 85th minute marked her first hat trick of the season and the 2nd of her career.

Burleigh said the team hit its stride once they relaxed after halftime.

"They needed to let go of the desire to play perfectly," Burleigh said, "and just get after it, and that's exactly what we needed."

Follow Ryan Summers on Twitter @RyanSummers18