<p>Amanda Lorenz prepares to hit a ball during Florida's doubleheader sweep of Jacksonville at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.</p>

Amanda Lorenz prepares to hit a ball during Florida's doubleheader sweep of Jacksonville at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

Amanda Lorenz stepped off the bus in College Station, Texas, with six home runs in her freshman season and four since April 8.

But hitting a home run is one thing.

Hitting your first career grand slam on an 0-2 pitch against a top-ranked Southeastern Conference rival to put the series-opener out of reach is another.

Her bases-clearing homer drove in the seventh, eighth, ninth and 10th runs of No. 1 Florida’s sixth-inning rally in its commanding and convincing 14-3 win over No. 18 Texas A&M on Friday.

“Getting the fourth run of the game was huge, and being able to throw up 10 runs in the sixth was great as well,” coach Tim Walton said in a release.

“I was really working hard over to scratch and claw to get us some more runs. I didn’t think four was enough, as Texas A&M has a great offense.”

Neither team scored in the first, but Gators’ pitcher Delanie Gourley got off to a quick start. The junior southpaw retired her first batter after one pitch and went on to throw three innings and four strikeouts before letting a batter reach base.

Florida’s (46-3, 16-3 SEC) offense struck in the second inning after Janell Wheaton was hit by a pitch and maneuvered her way around the basepath to third via an error on a fielder’s choice. Wheaton put UF up 1-0 after scoring on a throwing error by the Texas A&M catcher as junior Justine McLean stole second.

Wheaton helped Florida tack on three more runs in the top of the third. The sophomore hit a  double to centerfield to drive in two more runs before she scored on a base hit by Taylore Fuller.

Texas A&M (34-14, 6-12 SEC) slowly began to pull itself back into the contest.

In the fourth, the Aggies pulled within two runs after a leadoff single and an ensuing throwing error from Gourley.

A fifth-inning home run from Aggie freshman Samantha Show cut Florida’s lead to 4-3.

But just as Texas A&M came close, Florida’s bats caught fire.

The 10-run rally in the top of the sixth started with Kirsti Merritt and Nicole DeWitt stringing a couple singles together to go up 6-3. A two-RBI single from catcher Aubree Munro and an RBI double from sophomore Aleshia Ocasio, a UF pitcher with just 10 at-bats on the year, followed. A bases-loaded walk put the Gators up 10-3, and Lorenz’s home run sealed the deal.

After her hit, Ocasio closed the game out in the bottom of the sixth because of the eight-run  rule.

“Both of our pitchers did a great job,” Walton said, saying Ocasio specifically changed the game’s momentum when she came in.

With the win, UF reached a 16-3 SEC record, its best mark since 2012.

UF will play Game 2 of its series with the Aggies at 1 p.m. in College Station, Texas.