After dropping four straight games, Florida needed someone on the team to step up during its home series opener against Auburn on Friday.

Aubree Munro did just that.

The sophomore catcher logged two doubles to spark the No. 6 Gators (32-8, 6-7 Southeastern Conference) to a 4-2 win over the No. 19 Tigers (31-7-1, 6-4 SEC) at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

“I’ve been trying to get back to being simple, because that’s what works for me,” Munro said. “I’m not a huge home-run hitter, so I think just doing my job and keeping it simple has been really good for me.”

Munro logged the first hit of the game in the bottom of the third inning when she ripped a Lexi Davis pitched to right center field for her first double of the game. After Katie Medina planted a sac bunt to advance Munro to third, Kelsey Stewart brought the Brea, Calif., native home with an infield single.

Florida held onto its lead until the sixth inning, when Auburn scored two runs off a double by center fielder Morgan Estell and a single to right field by cleanup hitter Branndi Melero.

But the Gators didn’t let the deficit deter them.

With two outs in the bottom of the sixth frame, Stephanie Tofft hit a single to make it to first base.

The rally began.

Sophomore Taylor Schwarz was then walked on four straight pitches, advancing pinch runner Jessica Damico to second base. Taylore Fuller then hit a single up the middle, scoring Damico and tying the game.

Munro was back to the plate.

Facing a 1-2 count, the catcher ripped a pitch to center field for a bases-clearing double, giving Florida a lead it would keep for the remainder of the game.

“The two-out rally is what we do,” Munro said. “It’s been our MO for the last year and a half or so. Stephanie picked us up with that hit off the wall to get that started. Having good at-bats and going deep in counts is what really works for us. We grind, that’s what were good at.”

In the circle, Hannah Rogers returned to her All-American form on Friday. After giving up nine runs in 11 innings through UF’s losing skid, the senior showed that she is still capable of making big plays.

Pitching her 11th complete game of the season, Rogers had a no-hitter through the first four innings against the Tigers and retired 11 straight batters until giving up her first hit in the top of the fifth frame. In the contest, the Lake Wales native surrendered just three hits and walked only two batters while striking out six of the 26 batters she faced.

“I was just feeling really good,” Rogers said. “Me and Delanie [Gourley] and all the rest of the pitchers have just been working hard in the bullpen throughout the week. On our off day, we came out here and we worked on the batters. We worked on hitting good spots and just find what was working for us.”

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126