After being shutout by Ole Miss to open up Southeastern Conference play on Friday, Florida evened the series Saturday.

The No. 1 Gators picked up their first win in SEC play in their second game against the Rebels with a 10-3 win at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

After recording only three hits on Friday, Florida (23-1, 1-1 SEC) notched 11 hits against Ole Miss (15-9, 1-1 SEC) on Saturday.

Leadoff hitter Kelsey Stewart led the way with four hits, including a three-RBI double to center field in the sixth inning.

“I felt like as a team, we didn’t string together hits yesterday and I know we just needed to get better today,” the second baseman said. “So I think as the leadoff hitter, it’s my job to get hits.”

Through the first two SEC games, Stewart accrued a 6-of-8 clip at the plate along with three RBIs, four runs and two stolen bases. For the season, the Wichita, Kan., native has a team-leading .435 batting average and has scored 36 runs — two more than all of Florida’s opponents combined.

“Kelsey Stewart’s had a really nice weekend for her so far,” coach Tim Walton said. “She’s getting on base a lot, making good things happen.”

After getting one of Florida’s three hits on Friday, Lauren Haeger extended her on-base streak to 20 games — dating back to the Gators’ 5-1 win against Wisconsin on Feb. 9 — after going 2 for 3 at the plate with four RBIs on Saturday against Ole Miss.

With one out in the fifth inning and a 3-1 count, the junior slammed a line drive to right field over the head of Rebels right fielder Natalie Nimmo that hit the warning track to bring in three runs and gave the Gators the lead for good.

“I wasn’t sure how far back the right fielder was playing or whatnot, but when it went over her head, I just got really excited,” Haeger said. “I probably could’ve taken second but I was just excited so I stopped at first. I was just watching the ball the whole time, but it was a relief for everybody and a breath of fresh air.”

In the circle, Haeger pitched four innings, giving up five hits and three earned runs while recording one strikeout and walking a batter.

“We’ve got to do a better job with bearing down with runners in scoring position and not giving them an opportunity to keep driving in runs,” Walton said. But other than that, they did a good job.”

Freshman left-hander Delanie Gourley earned her eighth win of the season after pitching three relief innings.

The Lakeside, Calif., native gave up only two hits and struck out three of the 11 batters she faced to end the game and dropped her ERA to 1.52 on the season.

“It’s really tough to go from two completely different pitchers back-to-back,” Haeger said. “She did a great job. She made her pitches, made them chase pitches and located her pitches very well.”

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126