<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-3ec9b933-84a0-d117-eb55-479087b965de"><span>Former UF kicker Eddy Pineiro was one of 18 players who participated in Florida's pro day on Wednesday.</span></span></p>

Former UF kicker Eddy Pineiro was one of 18 players who participated in Florida's pro day on Wednesday.

Week 3 of spring practices saw a couple new developments for Florida’s football team.

The Gators held a full scrimmage on Friday at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium and hosted their pro day on Wednesday.

Friday’s scrimmage

The three-hour-long scrimmage was essentially a dress rehearsal for the annual Orange and Blue Game held this year on April 14.

All eyes were on the quarterback battle, which yielded mixed results for a pair of redshirt sophomores in Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask. Official stats were not provided, but Robbie Andreu — the Gainesville Sun’s football beat writer since 1993 — recorded statistics from the scrimmage on his own.

According to Andreu’s stats, Franks completed 7-of-22 passes for 127 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. Both touchdowns and 113 of Franks’ passing yards came in the second half.

Trask finished with 182 yards on the day, completing 12-of-18 attempts with three touchdowns and one interception.

“It’s always hard when you get a new playbook in,” Franks said after the scrimmage. “I think all the quarterbacks did a good job.”

Franks started eight of 11 games in 2017. The Crawfordville, Florida, native impressed with his arm strength but struggled with his decision making last season as a redshirt freshman.

Trask missed the entire 2017 season recovering from a foot injury sustained shortly before the team's first game on Sept. 2 against Michigan.

“It is what it is,” Trask said. “Around Christmas (2017), I was feeling 100 percent. I love being out there.”

Pro Day

The most prominent storyline of UF’s pro day was the return of former Gators Antonio Callaway and Matt Elam.

Callaway, a wide receiver, did not play in 2017 due to a suspension for his alleged involvement in a credit card scam and chose to enter the NFL draft over returning to school.

Elam, a safety who last suited up for the Gators in 2012 and spent three seasons in the NFL, also participated in drills during UF’s pro day.

First-year coach Dan Mullen did not coach Callaway or Elam, but said he’s a big believer in second chances.

“They’re part of the Gator family,” Mullen said on Wednesday.

Former safeties Marcell Harris and Nick Washington were both hoping to prove to scouts they can overcome their respective 2017 season-ending injuries. Harris missed the entire year with a torn Achilles tendon, while Washington missed the Gators’ final six games after hurting his shoulder against LSU.

Defensive lineman Taven Bryan, kicker Eddy Pineiro and punter Johnny Townsend were also among the 18 former Gators to participate on Wednesday.

Follow Andrew Huang on Twitter @AndrewJHuang and contact him at ahuang@alligator.org.