<p>Freshman Caeleb Dressel jumps into the pool at the start of the 200-yard breaststroke event during Day 3 of the 2014 Pinch A Penny Invitational</p>

Freshman Caeleb Dressel jumps into the pool at the start of the 200-yard breaststroke event during Day 3 of the 2014 Pinch A Penny Invitational

The UF men’s swimming and diving team finished in fifth place at the 2015 NCAA Championships, which concluded Saturday.

UF has posted a top-10 finish at the NCAA Championship every year since coach Gregg Troy took over the program in the 1999-2000 season.

Florida amassed 248 points at the meet, which was well behind the 528 points earned by national champion Texas. California (399), Michigan (312) and Southern California (270) finished second, third and fourth, respectively.

The Gators started out in third place following the first day of competition, which was highlighted by freshman Caeleb Dressel’s first-place finish in the 50-yard freestyle (18.67 seconds), but only managed to place two individuals and one relay squad into the A-finals on the final two days of competition.

Florida set four school records during the three-day event and earned 40 All-American honors.

"Our guys clawed and raced well," Troy said in a release. "We came out on fire on the first day and then we didn’t swim the morning the next two quite as well as we needed to. So we were a little disappointed with fifth place, but by the same token, it was a tremendous season."

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126