<p>Freshman Caeleb Dressel jumps into the pool at the start of the 200-yard breaststroke event during Day 3 of the 2014 Pinch A Penny Invitational</p>

Freshman Caeleb Dressel jumps into the pool at the start of the 200-yard breaststroke event during Day 3 of the 2014 Pinch A Penny Invitational

The Florida men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams finished in first place in its final meet of the fall regular season.

Over the course of three days in Columbus, Ohio, at the Buckeye Invitational, the Gators collected a total of 13 wins, three NCAA ‘A’ cuts, 26 NCAA ‘B’ cuts and 13 US Olympic Trial-qualifying times while sweeping the competition.

“It was a very good weekend of racing. Both teams showed a lot of character and intensity,” coach Gregg Troy said. “We did an outstanding job of staying focused and fought tough through the entire competition.”

On Sunday, the last day of the Invitational, Florida’s athletes simply outshined its competition.

Senior Natalie Hinds and sophomore Jan Switkowski both qualified for the 2016 NCAA Championships after their individual swims earned them NCAA “A” cuts and first place finishes. Hinds touched out with a time of 47.75 in the 100 freestyle, and Switkowski swam the 200 butterfly with a time of 1:42.08.

Sophomore Caeleb Dressel had a performance at the Invitational that changed the record books.

On Friday, Dressel posted an Olympic Trial Qualifying time of 22.81 in the men’s 50-meter freestyle, and he set the pool record for best time in that event at Ohio State’s McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion.

On Sunday, Dressel placed first in the 200 butterfly, posting the nation’s top time at 42.54.

Now the Gators will prepare for the USA Swimming Nationals on Dec. 3 in Federal Way, Washington. The divers will be training for the USA Diving Nationals on Dec. 15 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

“(I’m) really pleased with the number of people we have qualified,” Troy said. ”It looks like maybe between seven and nine guys, that ought to be qualified for the NCAA meet, which is probably about the best, if not the best we have ever done in the fall."

Follow Lauren Staff on Twitter @Lstaff27