<p>UF's Kourtney Keegan hits a forehand during Florida's 6-1 win over USF on Jan. 27, 2016, at the Ring Tennis Complex.&nbsp;</p>

UF's Kourtney Keegan hits a forehand during Florida's 6-1 win over USF on Jan. 27, 2016, at the Ring Tennis Complex. 

The No. 4-ranked duo of Brooke Austin and Kourtney Keegan reached this point last year.

They made it to the semifinals of the NCAA Individual Championships, only to come up short against California’s Klara Fabikova and Zsofi Susanyi.

Things were different this time around.

For the first time since 2001, a UF doubles duo will play for an NCAA Championship, as Austin and Keegan defeated UCLA’s No. 7-ranked tandem of Catherine Harrison and Kyle McPhillips 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 on Sunday to advance.

Austin and Keegan will be playing California’s No. 4 Maegan Manasse and Denise Starr in the finals.

The two pairs played each other earlier in the season on Feb. 26, with Austin and Keegan winning 6-4.

The match will be played today at 3 p.m. to determine if Florida can earn its first doubles championship of the decade.

Contact Jake Dreilinger at jdreilinger@alligator.net and follow him on Twitter @DreilingerJake.