The Florida men’s tennis team impressed on the final day of the Southern Intercollegiate Championships.

UF had one member of its roster — freshman Johannes Ingildsen — competing in the singles championship in the first tournament of his collegiate career.

On Monday, he took home the championship in the Division II draw. He defeated Louisville’s Parker Wynn in two close matches, 7-6, 6-4.

Semifinal matches for doubles were also played Monday.

In the Division I draw, senior duo Elliott Orkin and Maxx Lipman defeated Georgia Tech's Michael Kay and Daniel Yun 6-1, 6-2. But in the championship match, the pair lost to Georgia’s Walker Duncan and Jan Zielinski, 4-6, 7-5, 10-5.

And in the Division II doubles semifinals, Christian Harris and Sam Edwards from Clemson won over sophomore McClain Kessler and freshman Joseph Guillin in an exciting match, 6-4, 4-6, 11-9.

With Jordan Belga’s two singles championships in two weeks, along with the dominating performance by Gators in both the Bedford Cup and the Southern Intercollegiate Championships, UF has performed well lately and will look to continue doing so in its next competition in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday.

The Gators will be playing in the ITA All-American tournament, with pre-qualifying rounds beginning Saturday and qualifying rounds starting on Monday.

Contact Cassie Amundson at camundson@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @camundson_.